Page 503 of 717 FirstFirst ... 3403453493501502503504505513553603 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,030 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I understand that masks won't be required on public transport.

I think this is a huge mistake, but I can see why: who would enforce it and risk confrontation?
    Can hardly blame people not earning very much wanting to avoid abuse. Same with retail staff. Managers get paid for the hassle. I wouldn't want to be a bus driver confronting some of the morons they get.

They don't seem to bother in the supermarkets around here anymore so next week will be a free for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    I know I shouldn't be on my phone on the night but I sometimes read on it. Anyway I've just been pinged and I have to self isolate for 6 days. Bugger!
    I'm sorry, Catkins. I suppose the contact happened over the weekend on your travels? Cases are really rising in the south and the football is having its repercussions inevitably.

Has your husband got pinged too?

No - I've just remembered he hasn't got the app!!

I think it probably was on the train. I have my suspicions it was drunk Scottish woman. He was actually further away from her - not sure what distances the bluetooth works on to be honest. The train was the only time we were anywhere for a prolonged period of time.
    Last edited by Catkins; 15-07-21 at 09:10.

I wondered about her too...What a pain (both her and the effects of her)

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I wondered about her too...What a pain (both her and the effects of her)
    Alcohol and covid don't go well together and I think this weekend will probably show this.

I've still not heard back from Occupational Health .... I guess they must be really busy.

I've just heard from my usual workplace that Covid restrictions are to remain until *at least* the 1st of September.

Seems sensible to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I've just heard from my usual workplace that Covid restrictions are to remain until *at least* the 1st of September.

Seems sensible to me.
    Good on them. And something to give you confidence too.

I hope all business sit back and wait. We don't need a confusing change right now. But businesses do need to get their policies out to the public because I can see a maskless rush coming next week simply because the law may be at odds with store policy.

No - I've just remembered he hasn't got the app!!

I think it probably was on the train. I have my suspicions it was drunk Scottish woman. He was actually further away from her - not sure what distances the bluetooth works on to be honest. The train was the only time we were anywhere for a prolonged period of time.
    Yeah, that makes sense. She didn't sound the sharpest tool in the box.

Hoping for a false alarm for you though.

I'm surprised the NHS aren't faster in contacting you as aren't you frontline? Is it because you're on holiday (If I'm remembering correctly)?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Good on them. And something to give you confidence too.

I hope all business sit back and wait. We don't need a confusing change right now. But businesses do need to get their policies out to the public because I can see a maskless rush coming next week simply because the law may be at odds with store policy.
    The workplace is being very sensible IMO; but there's a lot of people who are 'exempt', if you get my drift.

Looking at today's numbers, I can see - as I predicted to some derision a couple of weeks ago - that we are now heading towards 100 deaths a day, with cases just shy of 50,000. What it'll be like in a couple of weeks I dread to think and August is traditionally my "busy month", as I cover for those with families in the support team who want to take a holiday.

My head's already in a bad place, I don't need this but I need the money more....

I know I shouldn't be on my phone on the night but I sometimes read on it. Anyway I've just been pinged and I have to self isolate for 6 days. Bugger!
    You, and it would seem, at least 520,193 others...

From the BBC live feed at https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-57846210

Some 520,194 alerts were sent to users of the NHS Covid-19 app in England in the week to July 7 with another 9,932 sent in Wales

Page 503 of 717 FirstFirst ... 3403453493501502503504505513553603 ... LastLast

Thread Information