Page 509 of 717 FirstFirst ... 9409459499507508509510511519559609 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,090 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Add in also that over a third of Londoners are unvaccinated, making it the area with the lowest take-up in England.
    Yes, rates are so low down there. But currently they aren't getting as hammered by Delta as I would have expected. Do you think this is because more of them are protected by previous infection or that Delta is still getting started there considering how it showed similiar (slow start then a sudden spike) patterns as it spread from area to area?

With such low rates of vaccination I was expecting London to get hit like the North East and more since their rates are far higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Add in also that over a third of Londoners are unvaccinated, making it the area with the lowest take-up in England.
    According to the ZOE site (forgiven again from my bad books for now), the Gtr London region has the darkest red on the map and highest in the cases ranking right now. By stark contrast, the other day it was NI, and now they're the lightest red on the map, and bottom of their cases ranking.

We (the Midlands) are about halfway down the list in the ZOE cases regional ranking today.

ZOE's cases have actually increased over the past 2-3 days but still behind the dashboard cases (33k vs 39k).

Most ironic and indeed baffling.

Perhaps one of the main factors behind the dashboard cases declining a bit over the past 2 days could be the glorious weather we've been having since about Wednesday, as A; most people will be more inclined to spend most of their time outdoors where Covid is generally less likely to spread, and B; it's been much-speculated that the UV rays from the sun and high outdoor temperatures in general can help to reduce infections.

I could be talking a load of baloney of course, and tomorrow's cases could (dare I say it) be way back up again!

Still, there was no explanation for today's sudden drop in cases on the dashboard site, so it could very well be a case of 'no news is good news'!

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Day 5 lateral flow test negative. One more to go!!
    That's good news Catkins.

Wonder how the drunken Scottish woman is? Were you at work today, Catkins?

The pattern I’ve seen is that it starts in the south or north and then travels up or down the country. So cases were higher in the north for delta but then travelled down to London over a few weeks. The cases in my Greater London borough have now rocketed.
    It’s bloody depressing.
    However I don’t know anyone amongst my family, friends and colleagues who hasn’t had at least one vaccination. Oh actually, I know one.

I was at the shops today and almost everyone was wearing a mask. At school collection though there were only about 1/4 of parents wearing masks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Hopefully she's regretting getting so drunk on the train.

Yes, back to work. In the heat in PPE. Wasn't pleasant. Plus after last weeks setback was very anxious about being there. But it was OK - not great but OK.. No changes with 'Freedom' day which was a relief though.

I imagine you were relieved to get some structure back to your day?

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    The pattern I’ve seen is that it starts in the south or north and then travels up or down the country. So cases were higher in the north for delta but then travelled down to London over a few weeks. The cases in my Greater London borough have now rocketed.
    It’s bloody depressing.
    However I don’t know anyone amongst my family, friends and colleagues who hasn’t had at least one vaccination. Oh actually, I know one.

I was at the shops today and almost everyone was wearing a mask. At school collection though there were only about 1/4 of parents wearing masks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our area is purple too, Scass. Hopefully the schools breaking up will improve things?

I imagine you were relieved to get some structure back to your day?
    I was. I was completely knackered by home time though.

I wonder if she a MP returning home?

'I hope the English lose' = SNP?

Page 509 of 717 FirstFirst ... 9409459499507508509510511519559609 ... LastLast

Thread Information