Page 513 of 717 FirstFirst ... 13413463503511512513514515523563613 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,130 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post

Elsewhere I read of places removing all screens, sanitiser, notices, the lot .
    That's insanity!

I would refuse to shop in those places.

I've met Eric Clapton when I was an inpatient many years ago and he was a returning ex-patient. An "interesting" character..

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I've met Eric Clapton when I was an inpatient many years ago and he was a returning ex-patient. An "interesting" character..
    Was it actually Eric Clapton, P? Or just a deluded peep who thought he was?

My ma swore blind she spoke to Debbie Harry on the blower once. She was certain it was Debs herself but I reckon it was Mum's highly eccentric (and slightly insane) lady friend playing a prank on her..

Me and the Hubster got pissed with Dave Berry's backing band in a hotel in Blackpool once. That's my claim to fame.

Hubs still has Dave's number I think? Not sure how he came to have it but we were ver ver pissed....
    Last edited by NoraB; 22-07-21 at 15:46.

Wow, back down to 39k cases today.

But still baffling and most ironic (so far) considering we keep being promised that cases will top 100k over the coming weeks.

And I know it's still only 3 days since the final easements.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Wow, back down to 39k cases today.

But still baffling and most ironic (so far) considering we keep being promised that cases will top 100k over the coming weeks.

And I know it's still only 3 days since the final easements.
    It's about timing. Scotland is dropping at rates similiar to it's increases. Some of the NE is at plateaus. The badly hit Blackburn With Darwen has fallen loads but Bolton is going back to square one.

Big decreases fighting some big increases causing levelling out or dropping. But now as the SE starts ramping up it will likely cancel out the decreases and increase overall.

Perhaps this is another welcome effect of vaccination? It has slowed down the ability to spread thus causing a delayed effect as it spreads outwards.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    It's about timing. Scotland is dropping at rates similiar to it's increases. Some of the NE is at plateaus. The badly hit Blackburn With Darwen has fallen loads but Bolton is going back to square one.

Big decreases fighting some big increases causing levelling out or dropping. But now as the SE starts ramping up it will likely cancel out the decreases and increase overall.

Perhaps this is another welcome effect of vaccination? It has slowed down the ability to spread thus causing a delayed effect as it spreads outwards.
    You could be correct Terry.

Strangely (and most ironically), Scotland is the only UK nation to show a slight uptick in cases today (though still below 2k).

As well as the likely effects of the jabs, I reckon that people obviously spending more time outdoors due to the heatwave over the past week or so has probably helped slow the overall spread of infections.

But like you said, only time will tell as to how things pan out over the coming days/weeks.

Also, I read in the Metro paper on the train this morning on the way to Burton that 9 in 10 UK adults now have antibodies, though the cut-off date for said data was at the very end of June.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post

My borough is now being outdone by Stafford, Staffs Moorlands, Lichfield, East Staffs and North Warks, whilst Cannock Chase District still remains lower but increasing.

Gtr London is now seeing a big spike, as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    You could be correct Terry.

Strangely (and most ironically), Scotland is the only UK nation to show a slight uptick in cases today (though still below 2k).

As well as the likely effects of the jabs, I reckon that people obviously spending more time outdoors due to the heatwave over the past week or so has probably helped slow the overall spread of infections.

But like you said, only time will tell as to how things pan out over the coming days/weeks.

Also, I read in the Metro paper on the train this morning on the way to Burton that 9 in 10 UK adults now have antibodies, though the cut-off date for said data was at the very end of June.
    You should see Tamworth drop now. Whilst the rate per 100k is stubbornly rising the actual cases are dropping but because it's based on a snapshot of reporting weeks there is a delay to show the downward trend other than on the charts or in the daily data.

It's slowing down for us too. The new reporting week is now snowing the reduction despite our rate per 100k still rising.

One thing though. In the data tab on the ward level page just watch out with the last reporting day. There is a delay and new cases are being added in the next day. That's just a brief observation, you may notice even later cases being added. Right now Tamworth barely has any but tomorrow it might increase as your previous day has increased by about 30 cases today.

Good news in Burton. A relief for you there. It will be even higher now.

Glad to see that the Government ads are now saying that vaccination doesn't prevent infection or transmission of Covid.
    I think that the complacency factor has played a big part in the spread of the delta infections.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Glad to see that the Government ads are now saying that vaccination doesn't prevent infection or transmission of Covid.
    I think that the complacency factor has played a big part in the spread of the delta infections.
    I don't think vaccines from the off were ever likely to completely wipe out Covid.

After all, the BBC website did keep reiterating about a year or so ago that vaccines are 'no magic bullet' against Covid, but do so far appear to be lessening infections to say the very least.

Page 513 of 717 FirstFirst ... 13413463503511512513514515523563613 ... LastLast

Thread Information