Page 515 of 717 FirstFirst ... 15415465505513514515516517525565615 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,150 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Meanwhile (after a text message spat), only now has my sister told me she tested positive for Covid after Christmas and the fact that both her father-in-law and I were unaffected 'proves this Covid business is crap'.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Oh absolutely, especially given that both me and her mother have been confirmed positive in the past. It’s been a worrying few days really. I like to think I’m quite level headed when it comes to Covid but that really goes out the window when it’s your child. She’s really fine though, like not one hint of any symptom.

Now I’m just trying to take the positives. Ironically I’m taking the positives from how negative the rest of the family have proven to be.
    Well at least the schools have now broken up for the annual 6-week summer holidays, so one less potential super-spreading source for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    16 cases of the Colombian variant to be added to the mix..No big deal apparently. The 19th July variant will be more significant, I feel.
    Well not a dickie bird (as yet) about it on the BBC website, but you said it's apparently no big deal.

Originally Posted by pulisa

16 cases of the Colombian variant to be added to the mix..No big deal apparently.
    What is the street value?

Awww, I didn't know you were a daddy, Gary!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Oh very droll, Tel! Very droll! (lol)!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Beans apparently....

There's been a lot of news here in the US concerning the Delta variant and now, the Gamma variant. Cases are rising and those that are getting sick, being hospitalized and dying are practically all unvaxxed. Roughly 50% of the US population is vaxxed and its the other 50% that are getting sick are keeping the virus alive and well. Sadly, one can see the political divide when looking at the states where cases are rising and the vaccine rates. Fortunately, my wife and I are vaxxed but we're still taking precautions, masking in stores and practicing proper hygiene. It remains to be seen how things will be moving forward. In the mean time, use common sense (rare thing these days) get vaxxed, practice social distancing and use proper hygiene.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I understand from today's New York Times that the C.D.C. is looking at the efficacy of Pfizer and Moderna over a period and debating whether or not vulnerable groups should be given a booster jab.

If anything, I shall be even more cautious now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I understand from today's New York Times that the C.D.C. is looking at the efficacy of Pfizer and Moderna over a period and debating whether or not vulnerable groups should be given a booster jab.

If anything, I shall be even more cautious now.
    Relevant to this PM, I think booster jabs are going to be vital. Two broadcasts from Dr C, the first alarmed me last night and deals with waning transmission protection.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAqVAiPXbJc

However this from today where the interval between the first and second jab of the Pfizer seems to make a difference. The interval for myself was barely 5 weeks. Though there are question marks as to whether this dropping off in infection protection is purely down to the interval. However its clear there is no waning in protection from severe illness.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNbs4LCgrcY

Page 515 of 717 FirstFirst ... 15415465505513514515516517525565615 ... LastLast

Thread Information