Page 526 of 717 FirstFirst ... 26426476516524525526527528536576626 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,260 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Another nice fall in cases today.

21k vs 23k yesterday.

The ZOE cases are also going down (about 50k today), so it looks like a genuine trend, despite the warnings about 3 weeks ago about the possibilities of us hitting in excess of 100k cases per day by now.

I guess it could still happen in due course, but at least in the meantime the stats (so far) appear to be proving those gloomy forecasts wrong.

Interesting one from the US: disguises and "discreet appointments" for anti-vaccine hypocrites.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ine-hypocrites

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Interesting one from the US: disguises and "discreet appointments" for anti-vaccine hypocrites.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ine-hypocrites
    Culture wars and 'money talks'!

Kind of sums up this global madness.

Trouble is, the authorities the world over were caught napping over this whole misinformation debacle for donkeys years prior to the Global Financial Crisis, let alone this pandemic, not only in the interests of free expression but ultimately, MONEY!

Far too late now, the dye has long been cast!

The dashboard site have announced they will be chopping and changing again for the umpteenth time from tomorrow (Thursday 5th August).

They said it's to reflect the population estimates of mid-2020, or something along those lines.

So it's not just ZOE who have a habit of forever chopping and changing their counting methods, though their case stats have actually been coming down over the past week or so, despite being at least 4 days behind.

It will be really interesting to see what this week's ONS stats tell us, again despite their being at least a week behind.

The north of my county hospitals are down on admissions this week to 13 which is a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    The north of my county hospitals are down on admissions this week to 13 which is a good sign.
    That's good news Catkins.

Like last Wednesday, today's dashboard cases are sadly up again (29k vs 21k yesterday), but today's ZOE cases are still down (46k today vs 47k yesterday).

I'm now once again of the opinion that ZOE may have the edge over the dashboard cases in terms of overall accuracy, in spite of the former still being significantly higher than the latter, and running at least 4 days behind.

I have also forgiven Tim Spector and Co once again as I reckon I may had misunderstood the situation at the time. Also according to both TS and Dr JC, the govt site's Covid symptom list is still woefully out of date and doesn't take into account the symptoms associated with the Delta variant and/or vaccinated persons, which might have artificially deflated the numbers over more recent weeks.

Like I said earlier, this week's ONS stats will be most interesting.

They're now also saying that Lincoln is one of England's latest Covid 'hotspots', allegedly linked to a nightclub in the area.

The 7-day dashboard case rate for my area is now less than 200 (194 I think), whereas a fortnight ago it was still in excess of 500.

The Zoe app says my area (East Northants) is 1556 active cases. Rising still and far and away the highest figures here that I've seen.

We have banners up around our area (Woking) saying that cases are rising.

I checked our rate per 100,000 today and we're down again. I think it was 99 per 100,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    That's good news Catkins.

Like last Wednesday, today's dashboard cases are sadly up again (29k vs 21k yesterday), but today's ZOE cases are still down (46k today vs 47k yesterday).

I'm now once again of the opinion that ZOE may have the edge over the dashboard cases in terms of overall accuracy, in spite of the former still being significantly higher than the latter, and running at least 4 days behind.

I have also forgiven Tim Spector and Co once again as I reckon I may had misunderstood the situation at the time. Also according to both TS and Dr JC, the govt site's Covid symptom list is still woefully out of date and doesn't take into account the symptoms associated with the Delta variant and/or vaccinated persons, which might have artificially deflated the numbers over more recent weeks.

Like I said earlier, this week's ONS stats will be most interesting.

They're now also saying that Lincoln is one of England's latest Covid 'hotspots', allegedly linked to a nightclub in the area.

The 7-day dashboard case rate for my area is now less than 200 (194 I think), whereas a fortnight ago it was still in excess of 500.
    The government number being based on testing won't be affected by a symptoms list other than reducing the number of potential people applying a test.

I wouldn't judge a jump by one day. The same happened last week and then it started reducing again. But the trend does show the steep initial drops are slowing down.

Numbers are a few days behind due to reporting delays. If you watch them over a couple of days you see the most recent ones increase. The question is always about trend and so far it's downward.

NI has been hit more recently so will be adding some extra numbers.

Hospitalisations have slowed down in the last week and now the trend is downward.

The next question will be the impact of unlocking. With Wales unlocking earlier than expected and Scotland due to follow the same will apply, to a lesser extent, as Delta will still be around but luckily numbers are much lower now.

Decreasing nicely around here.

Page 526 of 717 FirstFirst ... 26426476516524525526527528536576626 ... LastLast

Thread Information