Page 533 of 717 FirstFirst ... 33433483523531532533534535543583633 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,330 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You must be really pleased to have had the Moderna! I don't think any of the vaccines are particularly effective against the beta variant but hopefully the Red List will remain in place for ages yet?
    I'm sure I read somewhere (not from a dubious source as I always try to give them a wide berth if possible) that the Delta variant has actually by far outcompeted the Beta variant in this country, plus it's speculated to have mostly wiped it out.

Could be totally talking out of my backside though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Seriously?

Give your head a wobble Terry, you're talking out of your arse - the vast majority of anti-vax and Covid denial is from the political right. One twerp (whose politics I'm not aware of, unlike his brother) does not a left-wing theory make.
    You think all those hard right wingers are following Piers Corbyn around? Did you not see the German media reporting on groups across both left and right of the political spectrum standing together last year? Spectrum also raised this point not long ago so it's not just me. Vast majority they may be but it's not simply a right wing issue and so I don't see why the left get away from their fault in it.

Hard left and hard right are as batshit crazy as each other.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 17-08-21 at 23:00.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    And left wing anti vaxxers and deniers.

If the day came we closed a country for 1 case I think I would be found holding my nose standing next to Piers Corbyn.
    Phwoarr! I can't say I blame you Terry.

The vile stench from him would do more than make me gag!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Phwoarr! I can't say I blame you Terry.

The vile stench from him would do more than make me gag!
    It's not like I could even stand in support next to him wearing a mask

So... 170 deaths today (yes, I know it's a Tuesday) and graphs are showing a steadily increasing trend.

A thought occurred to me earlier - as far as I am aware, the vaccines we are using are still those developed for the original version of Covid, which has now mutated into a highly infectious disease and can, in very rare circumstances, still lead to death in those fully vaccinated.

The vaccine developers and manufacturers told us "it would be easy to tweak the vaccines for new variants", yet there is silence on this matter.

What will it take to make this happen?
    Re the vaccines and newer Covid variants, I'm also a bit miffed as to why the media have recently gone quiet over whether or not the vaccines get tweaked in order to cope with said variants.

Yes, today's death figures are disappointing and I know even just one death will always be one too many but still nowhere near as bad as back in Jan-early Feb when they were firmly in excess of 1k per day.

Deaths dipped the previous day so it could be some late data. Still going upward in trend though as PM says but at least it's a very shallow incline which seems to keep flattening.

I noticed looking at my local under 60/over 60 numbers that over 60's have increased more. I hoped we had got beyond these numbers. It makes you question vaccination in light of things opening up.

The governor of Texas who is a firm mask and vaccine denier has just tested positive.
    Might change his mind now.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    The governor of Texas who is a firm mask and vaccine denier has just tested positive.
    Might change his mind now.
    As backwards as Texas is, and the rest of the right wingers, it probably won’t. If he survives, it will just prove that covid “isn’t that bad” and blown out of proportion. If he doesn’t, it will all be a conspiracy and he actually was ill with something else but the hospital just claimed it was covid.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    As backwards as Texas is, and the rest of the right wingers, it probably won’t. If he survives, it will just prove that covid “isn’t that bad” and blown out of proportion. If he doesn’t, it will all be a conspiracy and he actually was ill with something else but the hospital just claimed it was covid.
    See also: Donald J Trump, Jair Bolsonaro.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I'm so sorry..I know how very painful and long lasting sciatica can be. And all courtesy of a pesky weed!
    You have my sincere sympathy re: sciatica, Terry. It ruined Mrs. PM's life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Terry - when my husband had sciatica a few months ago I bought him a Tens machine - he said he felt like it helped. He's still getting the odd days when it's painful and I often find him on the floor with a bag of frozen peas on his back.
    I meant to say thanks, guys. I'm lucky as this is only the second time in probably 5 years and last time I could get out walking after a few days. This time it's been rough with me spending the first two weeks walking around the house like a crab! I couldn't straighten up.

It's on the mend now but I still need a walking stick when out. On the plus side, when out walking the dog in the last week, people get out of the way for me

Catkin's, yes we have one. I bought one years ago for my dad as he has had bad sciatica in the past. I remember coming home from school many years ago to find his crew had dropped him off and he was slithering around on the floor as it was so bad. He finds TENS helps his. I've used it but found it worked more for me in the first bout and not so much this time. My brother has bought one too as he started with sciatica a month before me (sod Covid, I've caught sciatica!)

I'm sorry to hear that PM and pulisa. Anything back or ribs is an eye opener to just how important, and taken for granted, they are when you get an injury or chronic condition. The last few weeks have been pretty shite so having it longer term, like Mrs PM, must have been awful.

Page 533 of 717 FirstFirst ... 33433483523531532533534535543583633 ... LastLast

Thread Information