Page 54 of 717 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154554 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    In fairness, KK has never said the virus doesn’t exist.
    Ah right, apologies in advance KK, I must be thinking of David Icke.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Ah right, apologies in advance KK, I must be thinking of David Icke.
    And Hollow (different reasoning though)

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    When I was at the butchers yesterday there was a sign (next to the hand sanitising station outdoors) asking you to wear a mask if possible. I had received an e-mail from my GP advising me to do this by the 1st of June and it does seem to be a general guideline for the public anyway.

The trouble is, the method of counting has changed so often now it has eroded any trust I might have in the numbers
    We've heard nothing about masks. We have been receiving letters from the local council and GP surgery as my parents are nearing 80 and my mum has asthma, COPD and more.

The thing is, a mask might help you stop spreading something you have but in certain respiratory conditions it can also be a trigger e.g. asthma. That's why early on Asthma UK advised people not to use masks.

I need to check on the up to date info but most people aren't wearing masks around here.

GPs don't seem aligned either. My GF found hers differed to ours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUOFeVIrOPg
    This is a fascinating interview with a mathematical modeller, discussing the variation in different country's reaction to the pandemic. He implies it has less to do with political interventions and more to do with biology/herd immunity. According to his modelling and from my understanding of it, roughly 50% of potential infectees are just not susceptible.

Here's the summary...

See here for full write-up and explanation: https://unherd.com/2020/06/karl-frist...Click here to subscribe to UnHerd: https://unherd.com/register-login/?si...Professor Karl Friston is a computer modelling expert, world-renowned for his contributions to neuroscience. He has been applying his "dynamic causal modelling" approach to the Covid-19 pandemic, and has reached some startling results.- The differences between countries are not primarily down to government actions, but due to 'intrinsic' differences in the populations- We don't yet fully understand what is driving it, although there are theories ranging from levels of vitamin D to genetic differences- In each country, there appears to be a portion of the population that is 'not even in the game' - that is, not susceptible to Covid-19. This varies hugely between countries- In the UK, Professor Friston estimates that portion to be at least 50%, and probably more like 80%- The similar mortality results between Sweden (no lockdown) and the UK (lockdown) are best explained by the fact that in reality there was no difference - the impact of the legal lockdown in Professor Friston's models "literally goes away".

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    I don't like wearing them and don't believe they do much to help, but I would respect wishes of others if I worked in a closed environment. I wouldn't wear one outside.

Onwards, Fish! And May the Force be with you
    My wife and I don't wear them outside but definitely when shopping. On a positive note.... The district manager visited our branch today. He saw what I've been seeing and had quite a few stern words to say to the team. Thankfully, all day, everyone was doing what they were supposed to be doing

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Madhouse Britain: Covid vs Multiculturalism

<b>

Those protests have nothing to do with Covid-19, though.

This isn’t “Covid vs multiculturalism”, it’s police and protesters clashing about a completely separate issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    We've heard nothing about masks. We have been receiving letters from the local council and GP surgery as my parents are nearing 80 and my mum has asthma, COPD and more.

The thing is, a mask might help you stop spreading something you have but in certain respiratory conditions it can also be a trigger e.g. asthma. That's why early on Asthma UK advised people not to use masks.

I need to check on the up to date info but most people aren't wearing masks around here.

GPs don't seem aligned either. My GF found hers differed to ours.
    You might find this interesting, then:

"...the British Medical Association, the doctors' union, said masks "should not be restricted" to transport."

Of interest is that my GP's letter was very specific and spoke of face coverings, not masks and specified what they meant by mask - which are the types with proper filtration and NRVs to aid breathing. I have both FFP2 and FFP3 masks for work purposes. Face coverings seem next to useless but I know what they're trying to achieve - the prevention of expulsion of virus-laden droplets. I can go for a walk in a face-covering with little difficulty but I'd really have to breathe deeply in an FFP3 mask - they're bad enough when I work in them.
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 05-06-20 at 10:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Madhouse Britain: Covid vs Multiculturalism

<b>
    It’s not the right thread for that, it’s to do with BLM and not covid. It’s not madhouse Britain either, it’s protesting Britain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thousands of protesters with no face masks or social distancing, the virus being more deadly for BAME . How is that not related to Covid?

Page 54 of 717 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154554 ... LastLast

Thread Information