Page 550 of 717 FirstFirst ... 50450500540548549550551552560600650 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,500 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    It's spam Lenco, and I have reported it as such. It's in several other threads too.
    Yes I know, PM.

I seriously can't fathom how certain people get kicks out of spamming, especially on forums like this where there can be vulnerable (and potentially gullible) individuals.

Just seen this week's ONS stats on the BBC website.

Overall Covid infections in England remain unchanged on the previous week while in the other 3 UK nations they're sadly continuing their upward trend, even though the BBC did say the other day that Scotland's increases may now be starting to slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Yes I know, PM.

I seriously can't fathom how certain people get kicks out of spamming, especially on forums like this where there can be vulnerable (and potentially gullible) individuals.
    Why not remove your post to save Admin the job?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Just seen this week's ONS stats on the BBC website.

Overall Covid infections in England remain unchanged on the previous week while in the other 3 UK nations they're sadly continuing their upward trend, even though the BBC did say the other day that Scotland's increases may now be starting to slow.
    Meanwhile, today's dashboard cases are 37k, and yesterday was the first time in a while that they have actually fallen on a Thursday, plus Wednesday's case increase on Tuesday's this week was significantly smaller than usual.

The ZOE cases have also started levelling off.

This is all most ironic despite schools returning over the past couple of weeks, even though I know it's still only early days as yet.

Talking of spam, does anyone here still buy tins of it? And what's the difference between it and luncheon meat? The latter I used to employ as bait when fishing. Then ate the rest after my sandwiches had run out.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Talking of spam, does anyone here still buy tins of it? And what's the difference between it and luncheon meat? The latter I used to employ as bait when fishing. Then ate the rest after my sandwiches had run out.
    Yes, I do - I'm particularly fond of the version with added bacon, grilled and with chips. Can only get that from Sainsbury's though.

I'm not sure what the difference is between Spam and luncheon meat though, the latter of which was a staple of my childhood - with piccalilli and Quavers! It came in a big tin and we got it from the Post Office, where it was sliced up by Mr. Ashworth. I think Tesco still sell it.

M&S also do a tinned "chopped pork and ham" which tastes different to Spam. I suspect it's probably going to be whatever spices and/or other ingredients that differentiate it.

That's a point: whatever happened to Plumrose?

And what's the difference between it and luncheon meat?
    It wouldn't have worked as easily in the sketch?

Spam is a brand name I believe, other than that there's no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    A so-called 'genericised trademark', aka 'brandnomer'.

In a similar sense to The Hoover Company and vacuum cleaners.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    Oh yes there is. As I said - try what Tesco sell on the deli counter and a tin of Spam, then tell me they're the same.

Page 550 of 717 FirstFirst ... 50450500540548549550551552560600650 ... LastLast

Thread Information