Page 551 of 717 FirstFirst ... 51451501541549550551552553561601651 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,510 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Those tins of Spam were a nightmare to open..I ended up in A&E once. Didn't even feel it slice through my finger..Just saw the blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    It wouldn't have worked as easily in the sketch?

🤣🤣

Not to be funny, but I think Spam might have been one of the reasons I became vegetarian. I could happily eat spam fritters, but my awful step-mother used to just slice it up cold and slap it with a bit of lettuce on a plate and call it a salad. Bloody awful stuff.

I remember spam fritters from school dinners..What would Jamie Oliver make of those now? On a par with Turkey Twizzlers?

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    ����

Not to be funny, but I think Spam might have been one of the reasons I became vegetarian. I could happily eat spam fritters, but my awful step-mother used to just slice it up cold and slap it with a bit of lettuce on a plate and call it a salad. Bloody awful stuff.
    I quite like it in a roll with some piccalilli.

In fact... that's tomorrow's lunch sorted

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I remember spam fritters from school dinners..What would Jamie Oliver make of those now? On a par with Turkey Twizzlers?
    I've never forgiven that twerp for ruining the sandwiches at Shell petrol stations and drowning stuff in black pepper mayonnaise, which I absolutely hate. Never trust a bloke whose tongue doesn't fit in his gob.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Oh yes there is. As I said - try what Tesco sell on the deli counter and a tin of Spam, then tell me they're the same.
    SPiced hAM, how you spice the ham I can imagine is subject to variation , as is the ham you use. It was 'invented' to use the ham joint people in the US didn't buy.

I thought that corned beef was corned beef until I tried the stuff lidl try and pass off as it! It should not stick like glue to the inside of the can, Princes for me from then on.
    Last edited by spectrum123; 10-09-21 at 20:24.

I also reported it yesterday

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    I also reported it yesterday
    And me.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 11-09-21 at 06:17.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Talking of spam, does anyone here still buy tins of it? And what's the difference between it and luncheon meat? The latter I used to employ as bait when fishing. Then ate the rest after my sandwiches had run out.
    It would have been a mouthful if luncheon meat-er had taken off rather than spammer

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Just seen this week's ONS stats on the BBC website.

Overall Covid infections in England remain unchanged on the previous week while in the other 3 UK nations they're sadly continuing their upward trend, even though the BBC did say the other day that Scotland's increases may now be starting to slow.
    Some of Scotland's areas are peaking, some falling and some still going up.

I had a look at the trends by area and other than a few it's clear the early Delta spike that hit Scotland was much smaller than what we saw hit the north east. What they are seeing now is a full hit across most of Scotland that matches how it hit the north east.

That's makes it another case of it hitting places that had been resistant to it's spread in the past. It will burn out of fuel. Just like what happened in the south west.

It's hardly an exact science, some areas had a massive peak early on in Delta and are being hammered now. But they are the minority. And then places like Moray have avoided it this time (their chart looks like a rollercoaster ).

Page 551 of 717 FirstFirst ... 51451501541549550551552553561601651 ... LastLast

Thread Information