Page 565 of 717 FirstFirst ... 65465515555563564565566567575615665 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,650 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I think in most cases it's "unwilling".

I don't know where their replacements will come from though?
    Basically a choice between jab centre and job centre! (Partly said in jest).

Dr JC did an excellent and very promising video yesterday evening talking about that new antiviral drug, in which he described as a 'game-changer'.

Today's dashboard stats appear to have been delayed AGAIN, but this time with no explanation as to why.

For better or worse, Covid in general now seems to be figuring far less on the BBC website, which is making me wonder as to whether or not it's as newsworthy now as it was previously, even though the pandemic as a whole still remains far from over.

Appointment for my Covid booster and flu jab are on Thursday afternoon. Not entirely looking forward to it, but as I've got to have it done by Occupational health in our nearest city I thought I might visit Matalan for a treat afterwards.

A one in each arm job? Glad you've got them arranged, Catkins. The trip to Matalan afterwards will hopefully be a fruitful one if you've got something other than lime green trainers on your wish list?

Heard on the radio today about so many extremely vulnerable people still waiting for their boosters and their GPs not having a clue as to when supplies would arrive. These are people with a 25% chance of surviving Covid. It's an appalling situation. People whinge about "severe" restrictions and lockdown blah blah blah whereas these poor people have no option other than to shield to save their precarious lives.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    I read an article about this yesterday! It sounds very promising!! Even with vaccines and the monoclonal antibody treatments I’ve felt since the beginning we needed something similar to a Tamiflu but for Covid. However not being a doctor myself I had no clue if that was even possible lol. It’s exciting to see that may soon be an option!
    I had swine flu and I remember taking Tamiflu, wow nothing has ever made me throw up so much but it seemed to do the trick with the swine flu! 😅 that is promising if there is a drug for covid!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    A one in each arm job? Glad you've got them arranged, Catkins. The trip to Matalan afterwards will hopefully be a fruitful one if you've got something other than lime green trainers on your wish list?

Heard on the radio today about so many extremely vulnerable people still waiting for their boosters and their GPs not having a clue as to when supplies would arrive. These are people with a 25% chance of surviving Covid. It's an appalling situation. People whinge about "severe" restrictions and lockdown blah blah blah whereas these poor people have no option other than to shield to save their precarious lives.
    It's really sad :( the frustrating thing is they seem to have the jabs but the dispensing of them is all mocked up. The lockdown we've had is nothing compared to some people who are still isolating.

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethalice View Post
    I had swine flu and I remember taking Tamiflu, wow nothing has ever made me throw up so much but it seemed to do the trick with the swine flu!  that is promising if there is a drug for covid!
    I have an aversion to taking most medication, but I did take Tamiflu on my last bout with the flu in 2019. I don’t know if it really made much difference as I don’t get the flu often. All in all I think my fever lasted 3-4 days and was very low grade. I was pretty much back to normal in 5 days time.

Dear me, there seems to have been quite a big increase in cases in the UK today, across all 4 nations, despite rates of testing dropping over the past 2 days.

39k today vs 33k yesterday.

And sadly the decline in deaths looks to be slowing, albeit still on a downward trend.

I seriously wonder what's going on right now, and am wondering whether the govt may have no alternative but to impose a fourth national lockdown over the coming weeks/months?

The media have generally gone much quieter over Covid over recent weeks. Even some 6 months ago a sudden jump of 6k in a single 24-hour period would have been considered a major cause for concern, but now the media mostly seem indifferent.

What does anyone reckon?

I think they will do everything in their power to avoid another lockdown - it will be disastrous for a lot of businesses. Plus with furlough ending and the loss of the extra £20 universal credit boost they will definitely want to go back on that.

Our weekly staff Covid update came through today, it's gone up to 50 covid patients in hospitals across the north of the county. It was only 30 last week. Apparently the big jump is in part due to an outbreak in one of the wards in the west of the county.

As long as more people don't end up hospitalised things will be left as they are.

Page 565 of 717 FirstFirst ... 65465515555563564565566567575615665 ... LastLast

Thread Information