Page 60 of 717 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160560 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Despite being Sunday (surprise, surprise), only 36 CV deaths reported for the whole of the UK today.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I think the word you're looking for is "distraction" as to why there's been less posts about Covid-19 recently.

I'm sure this will be absolutely fine, however.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-53040827

I'm lost for words.
    You could be correct.

And whilst that rave event is despicable without a doubt, at least AFAIK it wasn't connected with the BLM thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Despite being Sunday (surprise, surprise), only 36 CV deaths reported for the whole of the UK today.
    The worry could be the slight increase in the 7 day rolling average of new cases, I expected cases to be below 1000 this week but back at 1500.

Quote Originally Posted by steveh31 View Post
    The worry could be the slight increase in the 7 day rolling average of new cases, I expected cases to be below 1000 this week but back at 1500.
    I agree, but hopefully it might be just a blip, so I think it may still be a bit premature to be concluding that it's the start of the second wave ATM, we just need to wait and see.

And it's still far removed from the 6,000+ we brushed with back in April, even though every case is still one too many.

I agree, but hopefully it may be just a blip, so I think it may still be a bit premature to be concluding that it's the start of the second wave ATM, we just need to wait and see.
    I doubt there will be a second wave but the govt needs to be finding out where these new cases are Jonathan Van Tam was asked last week where are the new cases coming from and he said he didn't know.

Surely the track and trace should be highlighting the areas where the new ones are.

Quote Originally Posted by steveh31 View Post
    I doubt there will be a second wave but the govt needs to be finding out where these new cases are Jonathan Van Tam was asked last week where are the new cases coming from and he said he didn't know.

Surely the track and trace should be highlighting the areas where the new ones are.
    Track and trace is barely functional and relies on people being honest and co-operative. A mate of mine is vehemently against this, as he is the 'lockdown'.

Maybe a more meaningful picture could be defined by the official ONS figures that are published every Tuesday for cases and deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I think the word you're looking for is "distraction" as to why there's been less posts about Covid-19 recently.

I'm sure this will be absolutely fine, however.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-53040827

I'm lost for words.
    Same here. There was another one a couple of weeks ago. Good pic too, not too much social distancing going on there right in front of the police

On a lighter note a comment I saw someone make made me laugh earlier. Now the PM has allowed gatherings of up to six people the Lib Dems can get back on with their leadership election campaign

I've also noticed that UK forum members generally seem to have been posting less on CV threads on here during the past couple of days.
    Yes, the board is pretty dead. Not even many watching threads. Now have the HA and Symptoms boards got busier?

Perhaps even in such an event the amplification of anxiety can be seen for what it is?

My county has now made masks "optional"...but most stores and other businesses have signs on the front door saying "masks required", so I'm not sure the optional thing really makes a difference. Honestly, if I owned a business, I'd do the masks and the social distancing as much as possible. I can see lots of lawsuits if they didn't and customers got CV.

Page 60 of 717 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160560 ... LastLast

Thread Information