Page 617 of 717 FirstFirst ... 117517567607615616617618619627667 ... LastLast
Results 6,161 to 6,170 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Usually a box of Roses would be the norm as a thank you.

Are they like snout as prison currency in Porridge?
    I would have welcomed a box of Rose's. Or maybe half Rose's and half LFT's.

All I want for Christmas is a box of LFTs.....

Let it flow, let it flow, let it flow...

LFTS aren't available around here, Catkins. All gone. I'd recommend you stocking up and making the most of your rightful NHS privileges?

I've got 4 boxes of 7 and 1 left from a previous box. So I'm good.

My son got his PCR test back and it was negative ..... mine on the other hand was positive. Just about to head off into the bedroom to isolate. Problem is I'm currently looking after my nephew ☹

Symptom wise, I've got a thickly cough but that's it. No loss of taste or smell. Nothing. Feel a bit tired - but I only had about 6 hours sleep last night.

Husband will have to get tested, which I know he won't be happy about.

So 6 negatives can still make a positive.

Bugger. Sorry to hear that, Catkins. One thing people are so far vague about is the incubation period of Omicron.

Anecdote I know but of the people I know who've had Covid in the last fortnight, both said it was just like a heavy cold. One said his lungs "felt heavy", but that was it. One still has an occasional cough but nothing more.

Today I did a LFT as I'm going to see my brother - using a different nostril for a change, I noticed a little blood on the swab when I withdrew it (there was no pain from putting the swab up). Has anyone else ever seen this and should I be worried? I do sometimes get spots of blood when I blow my nose and having blown my nose a couple of times subsequently there's nothing, but nonetheless it is troubling me. I have seen mention of this elsewhere on the Net, usually in the context of "will it affect the test?"

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    I've got 4 boxes of 7 and 1 left from a previous box. So I'm good.

My son got his PCR test back and it was negative ..... mine on the other hand was positive. Just about to head off into the bedroom to isolate. Problem is I'm currently looking after my nephew ☹

Symptom wise, I've got a thickly cough but that's it. No loss of taste or smell. Nothing. Feel a bit tired - but I only had about 6 hours sleep last night.

Husband will have to get tested, which I know he won't be happy about.

So 6 negatives can still make a positive.
    I'm really sorry, Catkins....Inevitably you'll all be isolating over Christmas but at least your son will be with you. What about your nephew though? It's all so complicated..Also the people you saw last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Bugger. Sorry to hear that, Catkins. One thing people are so far vague about is the incubation period of Omicron.

Anecdote I know but of the people I know who've had Covid in the last fortnight, both said it was just like a heavy cold. One said his lungs "felt heavy", but that was it. One still has an occasional cough but nothing more.

Today I did a LFT as I'm going to see my brother - using a different nostril for a change, I noticed a little blood on the swab when I withdrew it (there was no pain from putting the swab up). Has anyone else ever seen this and should I be worried? I do sometimes get spots of blood when I blow my nose and having blown my nose a couple of times subsequently there's nothing, but nonetheless it is troubling me. I have seen mention of this elsewhere on the Net, usually in the context of "will it affect the test?"
    It's just little capillaries bursting and nothing to worry about. Happens to me a lot. I think it may affect the test result though?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I'm really sorry, Catkins....Inevitably you'll all be isolating over Christmas but at least your son will be with you. What about your nephew though? It's all so complicated..Also the people you saw last night?
    All of the people I was with last night are fully jabbed and boosted. I'm so glad we were outside and I stayed well away from them. They'll have to do daily LFT's for 10 days, although now knowing that all my 6 were negative I've suggested they do PCRs.

My release date is actually Christmas day as I put last Wednesday as the start of symptoms. Although I did have a tickly cough for a few days before that, but because of the negative lateral flows I just put it down to being a cold (as a colleague has had one).

Fortunately with my nephew, from the time I saw him (which was outside) until I got the test results I only had contact with him indoors for a few minutes and then I steered clear. My sister works at a school so fortunately she's well set up for it.

I have absolutely no idea where I have got it from though.

Work contacts? A random when at the shops? Hope your husband isn't too awkward about getting tested

He's done a lateral flow and it's negative. Although I must admit I'm less confident in their ability to diagnose at the moment. I think he should do a PCR as well - he's not convinced. I just think to be on the safe side he should.

I guess I could have caught it anywhere. I am very diligent in my mask wearing because of work and I've never stopped wearing them in shops. I guess I'll never know now.

Ahh I’m sorry it got you Catkins x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 617 of 717 FirstFirst ... 117517567607615616617618619627667 ... LastLast

Thread Information