Page 619 of 717 FirstFirst ... 119519569609617618619620621629669 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,190 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

My dad has had to get a PCR which has sent me into a bit of a panic, he doesn't think its covid and says he started feeling a bit unwell (tired and a bit warm) yesterday but he already feels a bit better today. No respiratory symptoms or anything. He's triple vaxxed so I'm sure he'll be okay, and even if it is covid he's probably already over the worst of it due to vaxxes, he just has a few health problems which make me worry... :/ his LFT was negative.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    There's such a lot going on and so much uncertainty as to how things will pan out....plus you've bravely had your booster and Christmas is looming...A lot of ammunition for anxiety there.

Have you got anything to look forward to this week? Something pleasurable and completely unconnected to covid and worries?
    I suppose Christmas itself is a thing to look forward to but for some reason big events always make me more anxious, like the lead up to it is an anxious time because I basically don't want to die before a bit event. Does that even make any sense??

Quote Originally Posted by raspberry22 View Post
    I feel like I'm losing the plot a bit today :( I had my booster so it's triggered my anxiety and I just feel so scared of EVERYTHING. I don't know how to make it stop :(
    It’s a scary time at the moment, but you’re doing everything you can to protect yourself and those around you. There’s also Christmas pressure too.
    Just find something little that gives you pleasure, relax, avoid the media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dad told me yesterday that he heard on the news that the vast majority currently in hospital with Omicron are unvaxxed.

He also told me that he heard reports about antivaxx protesters being arrested in London for lobbing fireworks, etc. A shame the law was previously too soft on such nutjobs!

That's a particular case of freedom of expression gone too far, essentially bordering on terrorism!

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    It’s a scary time at the moment, but you’re doing everything you can to protect yourself and those around you. There’s also Christmas pressure too.
    Just find something little that gives you pleasure, relax, avoid the media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am not looking at media as much right now. In fact, I'm even avoiding YouTube as I tend to get assaulted with random links to endless Omicron/Covid-related videos, sometimes hysterical and misleading.

It's a shame much of the media in the case of Omicron have to pander to the thick and ignorant of our society by putting the fear of God into them with all kinds of shocking worst-case scenario stuff, and scaring them witless into following the rules, getting jabbed, etc, which is a blatant insult to the vast majority of us who ARE following the rules and also getting jabbed (or already triple-jabbed), even though there still remains a lot of unknowns right now.

Despite all the rampant uncertainty right now, I'm still confident we'll get through this, even if it inevitably means further restrictions in the shorter term.

I'm also hoping right now that Omicron is as bad as it gets, even though most people the world over with it have only reported relatively mild symptoms so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I am not looking at media as much right now. In fact, I'm even avoiding YouTube as I tend to get assaulted with random links to endless Omicron/Covid-related videos, sometimes hysterical and misleading.

It's a shame much of the media in the case of Omicron have to pander to the thick and ignorant of our society by putting the fear of God into them with all kinds of shocking worst-case scenario stuff, and scaring them witless into following the rules, getting jabbed, etc, which is a blatant insult to the vast majority of us who ARE following the rules and also getting jabbed (or already triple-jabbed), even though there still remains a lot of unknowns right now.

Despite all the rampant uncertainty right now, I'm still confident we'll get through this, even if it inevitably means further restrictions in the shorter term.

I'm also hoping right now that Omicron is as bad as it gets, even though most people the world over with it have only reported relatively mild symptoms so far.
    I really need to stop looking at figures and trying to "research" things to make myself feel better because.. it doesn't make me feel better!! I just don't know what sources and who I can trust

I really need to stop looking at figures and trying to "research" things to make myself feel better because.. it doesn't make me feel better!! I just don't know what sources and who I can trust
    Exactly Raspberry, it's as if many media outlets (official and unofficial) are basically trying to jump on the bandwagon right now trying to outdo each other, even with blatant scare stories that might not even be true, even though I'm certainly not downplaying the current risks in any way myself.

The avid Covid non-believers and antivaxxers are my biggest bugbears, and they certainly have a lot to answer for regarding certain vulnerable and gullible individuals being 'radicalised' and indoctrinated by them, often in the name of free expression and democracy!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Exactly Raspberry, it's as if many media outlets (official and unofficial) are basically trying to jump on the bandwagon right now trying to outdo each other, even with blatant scare stories that might not even be true, even though I'm certainly not downplaying the current risks in any way myself.

The avid Covid non-believers and antivaxxers are my biggest bugbears, and they certainly have a lot to answer for regarding certain vulnerable and gullible individuals being 'radicalised' and indoctrinated by them, often in the name of free expression and democracy!

I felt myself going towards the way of the non-believers in the early days, but fortunately managed to bring myself back. Sadly my mum has gone that way and it's really hard. I honestly think it's a mental illness in itself :(

I felt myself going towards the way of the non-believers in the early days, but fortunately managed to bring myself back. Sadly my mum has gone that way and it's really hard. I honestly think it's a mental illness in itself :(
    I kind of think that the only way some people can cope with the situation is to deny it's actually happening. It's definitely not the right way to be, I just know when my brother was in the army, whenever he was in a war zone I had to switch off from it, I couldn't watch/read anything about it at all. It was particularly difficult when he was in Afghanistan, he was based in the green zone working with the Afgan army.

Although I didn't search for facts to back up my denial of the situation. Maybe that's where the line gets crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethalice View Post
    Had my booster today! Wasn't too busy but the pharmacy was only doing pre booked appointments. Had Moderna, feel quite tired now but not too bad - I also have a headache because I spent an hour this morning crying at the state of the world 😬 but otherwise I feel good and happy I've had it!
    Glad you got it sorted. Are you feeling better now?

I checked the NHS booking page at 5:30am last week, hoping I had more chance to avoid the queue (only took 10 seconds to get through) and luckily the site nearest for me had some slots. So I booked in for the first they had to get it done before Christmas. Got mine on Thursday.

Page 619 of 717 FirstFirst ... 119519569609617618619620621629669 ... LastLast

Thread Information