Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Potentially, a bit of good news here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53061281
    Hey that's terrific!

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Potentially, a bit of good news here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53061281
    This latest bit of good and promising news and the typical 'know-it-alls' are already out in earnest being sarky and dismissive in the comments section for this article on the BBC News website, casting doubts about this latest 'breakthrough', and the usual slagging off the authorities, etc.

And they're not even the ones who have been painstakingly working their backsides off in order to find a speedy and effective solution to this blasted virus that has been holding the world to ransom for the first 6 months of this year. So ungrateful and self-righteous IMO, though I suppose that's their own problem at the end of the day!!

Obviously we're still not out of the woods as yet but at least it's a kind of 'interim' solution in the meantime whilst we still await the treatment 'holy grail' that is the vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Obviously we're still not out of the woods as yet but at least it's a kind of 'interim' solution in the meantime whilst we still await the treatment 'holy grail' that is the vaccine.
    Whilst I suspect we're a good while away from a vaccine (and then we'll have those foil-hatters who'll refuse to take it because Bill Gates/George Soros/New World Order/5G), anything that can be found to improve the chances of those already infected has to be given some priority at the moment given today's figures. I can foresee the UK becoming a 'Plague Island' with travel to/from it banned by many countries.

There's only going to be so many times a pathetic government minister can stand at a podium and say "well, several hundred people died today buy hey, it was less than this time last week (by about a few tens)". The numbers aren't going down, but are starting to plateau which bothers me because that 'normalises' the virus and people think "hey-ho, another two hundred dead today, so what".
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 16-06-20 at 16:52.

Whilst I suspect we're a good while away from a vaccine (and then we'll have those foil-hatters who'll refuse to take it because Bill Gates/George Soros/New World Order/5G), anything that can be found to improve the chances of those already infected has to be given some priority at the moment given today's figures. I can foresee the UK becoming a 'Plague Island' with travel to/from it banned by many countries.

There's only going to be so many times a pathetic government minister can stand at a podium and say "well, several hundred people died today buy hey, it was less than this time last week (by about a few tens)". The numbers aren't going down, but are starting to plateau which bothers me because that 'normalises' the virus and people think "hey-ho, another two hundred dead today, so what".
    Yes, I agree. I've noticed that they now skirt over the number of dead and quickly move onto a more upbeat mode as to how exciting it is that the shops have reopened etc etc..I'm sure that the newly bereaved are thrilled to hear how "well" the UK is doing to contain the virus..but how vigilant we still need to be (excluding Dominic Cummings-where has he retreated to, I wonder?)

I'm sure many common cheap and cheerful drugs will be discovered as being useful in the treatment of covid as time goes on. They won't help everyone but it's some sort of progress. I think I'll hang on to my backlog of amitryptiline, just in case..

Don't get me wrong. I am not in any way attempting to play down the ongoing COVID-19 situation here, but why should Britain be singled out as a 'plague island'? Especially as there are now other countries that are worse hit than us.

I agree it's a disappointment that our numbers have started to level off over the past week or so but at least we should be grateful that we're still not going back up to the previous record levels of early-mid April. Of course, only time will tell as to how things pan out.

I agree with both of you. Today I spoke for the first time with the chap along the road who was in hospital for 2 weeks with Covid. It started with him having a takeaway from a local Indian restaurant and not being able to taste anything. Then his skin turned blotchy, he recorded a high temp and was in hossy that night.

He was on and off oxygen, in a side room and could barely walk six feet to the toilet. He said it is definitely not the flu, he's still exhausted all the time and gets breathless. Conspiracy theorists please take note, this virus is real.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    I agree with both of you. Today I spoke for the first time with the chap along the road who was in hospital for 2 weeks with Covid. It started with him having a takeaway from a local Indian restaurant and not being able to taste anything. Then his skin turned blotchy, he recorded a high temp and was in hossy that night.

He was on and off oxygen, in a side room and could barely walk six feet to the toilet. He said it is definitely not the flu, he's still exhausted all the time and gets breathless. Conspiracy theorists please take note, this virus is real.
    I'm pleased your neighbour is on the mend now.

Surely more people by now must have recovered from COVID-19 than have died from it, it's just a shame that there is still a dearth of info on our recovery stats.

If we think we have problems in the UK, the situation in Sweden is scandalous. Their government appears to have decided on a Darwinist solution.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk0TK_Syn9I
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4SQ-NOV-iU

If no one comes here we can start up a new conspiracy that Nigel Farage started it

Another for the "you can't make this stuff up" category....

Tweety just claimed we'll have a vaccine for HIV!

Positive thoughts and
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 63 of 717 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163563 ... LastLast

Thread Information