Page 657 of 717 FirstFirst ... 157557607647655656657658659667707 ... LastLast
Results 6,561 to 6,570 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Yup. Its bigger than 'just me'.

Please can we not be aggressive or rude to each other when replying as there is no need for it. Thank you.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I presume this is referring to a while ago ?

Their argument hinges on vaccines only protecting me therefore I'm not impacting others. Underpinning this is a mix of I'm young & healthy so it's just a mild thing, ive had it so I have protection, etc.

The latter point is nicely debunked in the article pulisa linked about that doctor. Another doctor, explaining what the experts have told us, tells how natural immunity is only one way and having a greater spread due to vaccination gives better protection. But then the doctor in that article is most likely not fussed about getting Covid and is fighting the employment issue therefore it's back to lack of transmission.

The former, this argument of young & healthy is risky. If any of them end up in the medical system, in anyway, they have impacted the NHS they are fighting to save from cuts. And if getting vaccinated prevents you getting Covid then this protects the system against sick days (am I right?).

And for what? A quick needle in the arm.

Your body, your choice. So you've got the science showing these drugs are tested & safe. If you still want it time tested then aren't you falling into the anti vaxxer trap of "drugs normally take years to approve"? That ones been debunked.

Notice the NHS100k site raising the issue of regulation creep (no, that's not Javid's nickname...well, it might be ): if they make this mandatory it sets a precedent it's hard to come back from and what else next? That ones up there in paranoia about privatisation. It ignores the fact many rules exist already across so many industries that exclude people. If you choose to let your certs expire you cannot continue to practice in how many industries? Yet we readily accept it's not safe to let an ex gas fitter of many years continue to practice when he can't demonstrate compliance to current regs. They might be brilliant engineers but for safety, no current cert makes it illegal to practice. They can argue they don't need to recert themselves and that puts them out of a job. Is that so bad? I bet no fuss will be made for them if they try that argument.

Within the NHS what already exists to protect us that is mandatory? We have NHS people on here who must adhere to a lot of things for safety. If they suddenly decide to ignore that, and maybe the science behind it, just to stand up to politicians what would happen? I think in normal times they would be seen as cranks but, as Gary mentioned about coverage, Covid is creating a platform for some who would otherwise be opposing the government to add another form of attack.

Novak the new Spartacus and Jesus Christ:

https://www.euronews.com/2022/01/07/...edium=referral

Oh how he must have suffered on his hotel bed

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    I presume this is referring to a while ago ?
    A couple of pages back. The thread was reported to admins.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Novak the new Spartacus and Jesus Christ:

https://www.euronews.com/2022/01/07/...edium=referral

Oh how he must have suffered on his hotel bed
    He can try and buy his way out of anything..Let's hope he's quickly shown the red card but I suspect money will win again and a blind eye will be turned to his machinations. Not sure whether he will get a warm welcome on the court though.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    It ignores the fact many rules exist already across so many industries that exclude people. If you choose to let your certs expire you cannot continue to practice in how many industries? Yet we readily accept it's not safe to let an ex gas fitter of many years continue to practice when he can't demonstrate compliance to current regs. They might be brilliant engineers but for safety, no current cert makes it illegal to practice. They can argue they don't need to recert themselves and that puts them out of a job. Is that so bad? I bet no fuss will be made for them if they try that argument.
    You're right. I've never heard of any ex-gas fitters who haven't been in the trade for the past 30-odd years getting indignant about having to re-cert themselves if they wish to return to such a career.

That guy who works at that London hospital having digs at Javid about vaccines live on the TV news smacks of the 'I'm entitled to a job' attitude!

As much as it pains me to see people become unemployed, jobs ultimately have to be earned IMO, not an automatic god-given right, especially for those who aren't fit for the jobs they're meant to be doing, or if they wilfully flout the rules/law.

And I fear that that guy has now opened another can of worms for the die-hard antivaxxers, who will inevitably worship him as some kind of 'hero'.

Trouble is he'll just focus on his lucrative private practice so he's hardly representative of NHS workers further down the pay scale being egged on by his "example". Still it's not as if they haven't been warned and a job in healthcare comes with a moral responsibility way beyond thinking solely of oneself. Or it should do.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Still it's not as if they haven't been warned and a job in healthcare comes with a moral responsibility way beyond thinking solely of oneself. Or it should do.
    Spot on Pulisa.

The trouble is too many people in the Health and Social Care profession simply want to keep the peace and are probably scared witless over how the likes of the trade unions might respond over people 'grassing up' fellow employees, especially those who like to 'bail out' rogue employees.

They probably might also fear reprisals from potential 'sidekicks' of the rogue employees, especially if there might be 'gangster' elements involved.

I'm not necessarily suggesting that could be the case with that guy from that London hospital though.

Page 657 of 717 FirstFirst ... 157557607647655656657658659667707 ... LastLast

Thread Information