Page 659 of 717 FirstFirst ... 159559609649657658659660661669709 ... LastLast
Results 6,581 to 6,590 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    More like people are all back at work now and have less time to sort out jabs.

Also, this from The Guardian

Covid loses 90% of ability to infect within five minutes in air – study

N.B. Not yet peer-reviewed. It might explain how three of my colleagues got infected by sitting close together in a stuffy, unventilated room with too many people in it.
    Sorry to hear that, PM. I hope they are all ok. And I hope you are not struggling with anxiety over potential contact?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Sorry to hear that, PM. I hope they are all ok. And I hope you are not struggling with anxiety over potential contact?
    That's very kind of you Terry, thank you. It was just before Christmas so I have dodged that particular bullet for now - two of them had already returned although every time one of them coughed I shuddered. One other I know not but hopefully I'll find out today as I'm back at work later.

I'm now switching to FFP2 masks even at work.

I just read that Boston United's most famous supporter, Professor Sir Jonathan Van Tam has resigned from his post to return to the University of Nottingham.
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 13-01-22 at 13:29.

I just read that Boston United's most famous supporter, Professor Sir Jonathan Van Tam has resigned from his post to return to the University of Nottingham.
    Maybe he thinks the worst is over and is ready to step back?

Lucky University of Nottingham...No doubt people will comment on the timing of this announcement though? I'm sure he's delighted to be able to walk away from all the silly politicians with his head deservedly held high.

Does anyone remember the 'Tunes' advert where a chap is buying a first class train ticket to 'Dottidhab please'.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Does anyone remember the 'Tunes' advert where a chap is buying a first class train ticket to 'Dottidhab please'.
    Yes I do!

Maybe Buster will see him strolling through Nottingham city centre one day..

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Oh yes!

I have loads of VHS tapes of programmes we recorded off-air in the 80s and 90s.

Chances are the programmes we chose to archive are on DVD now but the precious stuff will be the adverts of the period.

I have loads of VHS tapes of programmes we recorded off-air in the 80s and 90s.

Chances are the programmes we chose to archive are on DVD now but the precious stuff will be the adverts of the period.
    Make a back up onto DVD or a drive? You can fiddle about with the quality if you like editing. I'm no use at that but I have converted a load off VHS onto disk and a DVD copy. I did have a VHS DVD combi so it was easy but I've got a cheap converter kit for anything copyrighted (not tried it yet).

Page 659 of 717 FirstFirst ... 159559609649657658659660661669709 ... LastLast

Thread Information