Page 668 of 717 FirstFirst ... 168568618658666667668669670678 ... LastLast
Results 6,671 to 6,680 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It's incredibly hard to get sectioned these days, Lenco. I doubt that unruly behaviour would get you noticed/ arrested as well.

That's a very extreme statement to make about the neurodiverse and not at all accurate.
    I'm sure during the run-up to the 2010 and 2015 GEs, there were rumours that the UKIP and/or the BNP were pledging to bring back mental institutions in their pre-election manifesto(s).

Now back on topic. It seems that cases have suddenly started rising again this week and back above 100k for the first time since last Thursday (13th January), so all this talk of 'Plan B' ending next week sounds like a bit of a cruel joke to me, if only to deflect from Boris's current disarray.

I'm seriously wondering whether infections have actually fallen during the past week or two, or if the govt are just saying it as a kind of cover-up for Boris and his current troubles?

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    You've read the provisions of the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill I presume?

From https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56400751

Police chiefs would be able to put more conditions on static protests, such as those organised by Extinction Rebellion where roads and bridges are occupied.

They would be able to:

• impose a start and finish time
    • set noise limits
    • apply these rules to a demonstration by just one person

So if a single individual was holding a protest placard while sharing their views via a loudspeaker, and refused to follow police directions about how they should conduct their protest, they could be fined up to £2,500.

The proposed law also includes an offence of "intentionally or recklessly causing public nuisance".
    So I'm definitely NOT invincible then, even though I would never be seen dead going to the lengths of antics displayed by the likes of XR, EDL, etc.

Plus I don't really want to go into my town centre and start behaving like a total looney, it was mostly said in jest/
    as a kind of 'figure of speech'.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Now back on topic. It seems that cases have suddenly started rising again this week and back above 100k for the first time since last Thursday (13th January), so all this talk of 'Plan B' ending next week sounds like a bit of a cruel joke to me, if only to deflect from Boris's current disarray.

I'm seriously wondering whether infections have actually fallen during the past week or two, or if the govt are just saying it as a kind of cover-up for Boris and his current troubles?
    This is, once again, "Operation Dead Meat"/"Operation Save Johnson's Miserable Arse" - appeasing the CRG and other assorted Tory mentals. Today's Downing Street briefing was a complete sham - no Whitty/Vallance, just some lackey and a merchant banker rewriting history.

I wonder if the cases are rising again because a load of LFTs have now become available? With mask restrictions being lifted they'll rise even more. Still, the figures will plummet when LFTs become chargeable.

This is, once again, "Operation Dead Meat"/"Operation Save Johnson's Miserable Arse" - appeasing the CRG and other assorted Tory mentals. Today's Downing Street briefing was a complete sham - no Whitty/Vallance, just some lackey and a merchant banker rewriting history.

I wonder if the cases are rising again because a load of LFTs have now become available? With mask restrictions being lifted they'll rise even more. Still, the figures will plummet when LFTs become chargeable.
    Yes, I am wondering if there's currently some kind of agenda right now?

In fact, I don't even feel as if I trust the this week's ONS stats either.

Sorry for sounding so pessimistic but I'm just on a real downer right now, what with all this relentless hypocrisy in general, which now seems so entrenched within society pretty much the world over.

You've read the provisions of the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill I presume?

Police chiefs would be able to put more conditions on static protests, such as those organised by Extinction Rebellion where roads and bridges are occupied.

They would be able to:

• set noise limits

So if a single individual was holding a protest placard while sharing their views via a loudspeaker, and refused to follow police directions about how they should conduct their protest, they could be fined up to £2,500.

The proposed law also includes an offence of "intentionally or recklessly causing public nuisance".
    It's "proposed".

"Operation Dead Meat"
    Ha ha ! Yeah 'Operation toast' I like too !

I reckon Sajid the Sage will throw his beanie in the ring if BoJo is ousted. Very quick to state that he did the right thing throughout the lockdowns and didn't bend any rules. No doubt the tabloid journos are burning the midnight oil trying to unearth evidence to the contrary.

I think I could tolerate Javid more than I could Truss - anybody other than those "Britannia Unchained" headbangers... mind you - https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nings-from-nhs

https://twitter.com/i/status/1483782129968422913

They would be able to:

• set noise limits

Sounds fair to me

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    So I'm definitely NOT invincible then, even though I would never be seen dead going to the lengths of antics displayed by the likes of XR, EDL, etc.

Plus I don't really want to go into my town centre and start behaving like a total looney, it was mostly said in jest/
    as a kind of 'figure of speech'.
    You weren't before that Bill. Ask anyone acting that way, with no political intent, anywhere (Maybe outside London) where coppers have been dealing with public disturbances since coppers were invented.

That Bill was to target those the Met seem unable to apply existing laws to. The issue is the Met.

Page 668 of 717 FirstFirst ... 168568618658666667668669670678 ... LastLast

Thread Information