Page 674 of 717 FirstFirst ... 174574624664672673674675676684 ... LastLast
Results 6,731 to 6,740 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    No doubt Dominic Cummings will have damning evidence about what happened afterwards..
    It's funny how we've gone from slating Cummings and his "eye test" to hanging on his every word, isn't it?

I wouldn't trust anything he comes out with but apparently visitors to Barnard Castle have skyrocketed so he's achieved something to be proud of.

I wouldn't trust anything he comes out with but apparently visitors to Barnard Castle have skyrocketed so he's achieved something to be proud of.
    A kind of 'happy accident'?

But then again, Barnard Castle was already a popular tourist attraction long before the Dominic Cummings debacle in March 2020.

In which John Campbell is - rightly - named and shamed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/60145237

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    In which John Campbell is - rightly - named and shamed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/60145237
    FYI, he said in his latest video that the BBC say in their article that they contacted him, but he says he hasn't actually had a single peep from them.

He also said that he has tried to contact the BBC on several other occasions throughout this pandemic with various queries, but they never even bothered to reply to him.

So either Dr JC has been lying or the BBC have some kind of vendetta against him?

I seriously doubt the former as Dr JC doesn't come across as a liar nor a malicious person.

Also I think there's been a bit of a misunderstanding somewhere along the line and Dr JC did actually apologise in the video for any confusion that he unwittingly may have caused.

He's only human like the rest of us and bound to make mistakes at times, but I still can't believe there being any malice involved.

Of course the BBC make mistakes too.

Bit of a he said/she said situation then.

Bit of a he said/she said situation then.
    But at least he has acknowledged his error and apologised.

Plus I would much rather listen to him and trust what he says than, say, Boris.

I think you have to be careful in holding him up to the same expertise as someone like Spectre. He does not have a relevant doctorate. I think it's a bit misleading calling yourself doctor, during a period of medical emergency, without being very clear. I'm not sure he should have referred, or allowed himself, to be referred to in this way. Would he be happy with a GP rising to expert status over nursing practice? It allows people to be misled and it's an old trick to sell (not suggesting he does this).

He may be right. But I think you have to scrutinise what he says because he does not have the training, experience or even the data to come to conclusions that industry experts can.

I agree, Terry. I always get suspicious when the doctorate title is used in what may be a misleading way to add "status". Why not just be John Campbell? Your argument/opinions/assessment are the same with or without the "Dr" bit but without the recognised qualification you are just another voice on the internet.

Well perhaps YouTube should just go the whole hog and ban Dr JC then?

Page 674 of 717 FirstFirst ... 174574624664672673674675676684 ... LastLast

Thread Information