Page 677 of 717 FirstFirst ... 177577627667675676677678679687 ... LastLast
Results 6,761 to 6,770 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

While changing the subject slightly, there's a bit of chopping and changing going on with the dashboard site from today, which has obviously resulted in today's stats being delayed (surprise, surprise)!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    While changing the subject slightly, there's a bit of chopping and changing going on with the dashboard site from today, which has obviously resulted in today's stats being delayed (surprise, surprise)!
    That'll be the inclusion of multiple infections, won't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    That'll be the inclusion of multiple infections, won't it?
    I think they did say they were starting to include reinfections, though it probably won't affect the general day-to-day numbers (e.g, 'Cases by date reported').

Back to the furore over Dr JC, a guy called Alex Bellfield, who is also a YouTuber and a comedian (his YouTube channel is called 'Alex Bellfield-The Voice Of Reason', of which I have actually seen video links to on YT, but never viewed), is now also getting it in the neck over the same Covid deaths report debacle.

Apparently so. Less deaths are expected though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I think they did say they were starting to include reinfections, though it probably won't affect the general day-to-day numbers (e.g, 'Cases by date reported').

Back to the furore over Dr JC, a guy called Alex Bellfield, who is also a YouTuber and a comedian (his YouTube channel is called 'Alex Bellfield-The Voice Of Reason', of which I have actually seen video links to on YT, but never viewed), is now also getting it in the neck over the same Covid deaths report debacle.
    This will probably all blow over due to good old Sue Gray and her "update"!

I wouldn't worry about any negative comments re JC or others. If you get benefit from reading his views then that's fine. Be true to your own decisions and have confidence in them?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    This will probably all blow over due to good old Sue Gray and her "update"!

I wouldn't worry about any negative comments re JC or others. If you get benefit from reading his views then that's fine. Be true to your own decisions and have confidence in them?
    No matter what opinions of others on here, I'm not boycotting Dr JC just yet, and as others have opined upthread, I still feel as though he's been unfairly and hastily lambasted.

Of course Aunty Beeb are no strangers to various controversies and scandals over the years, e.g, that odious sh1tester Jimmy Savile and others of his ilk!

On the BBC News channel this morning they're saying that there's now fears of a possible measles epidemic to come following all the post-Covid reopenings of international travel.

Seriously, the serial antivaxxers certainly have a lot to answer for, especially as many parents have been shunning MMR jabs, even long before this pandemic started, but has obviously intensified all the more throughout this pandemic.

And sh1testers like Andrew Wakefield still continue to spew their bile online with virtual impunity!😟

The dashboard site still doesn't really look any different despite the talk of Covid reinfection stats being added to it.

In fact, I can't even see the new measure for reinfections on it anywhere.

Cases in England alone are back above 100k once again today, and UK-wide ZOE cases are almost at 200k but there's no explanations for possible reasons why anywhere.

The BA.2 Omicron sub-variant was briefly covered last week as one plausible explanation, but the general media coverage right now of all things Covid in the UK seems to be rather vague and patchy in general.

Even as recently as 6 months ago, the current numbers would probably have meant an automatic fourth national lockdown and most people scared witless, but now hardly anybody seems to be batting an eyelid.

BTW, I'm not necessarily advocating another national lockdown right now.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 01-02-22 at 18:03.

Tonight the BBC site have finally piped up with an explanation over the sudden jump in confirmed Covid cases since yesterday; they mentioned that the new dashboard stats have included backlogs of previously unrecorded cases and also reinfections that have, up until now, previously remained unconfirmed, which inevitably results in a temporary 'artificial' spike in daily confirmed cases, as they say the previously unconfirmed cases are being lumped in with the general daily case stats.

The same BBC article also stated that the underlying 7-day trend still remains lower, despite the sudden counting changes on the dashboard site.

Looks like the no 10 decorators will be coming in again

Page 677 of 717 FirstFirst ... 177577627667675676677678679687 ... LastLast

Thread Information