Page 689 of 717 FirstFirst ... 189589639679687688689690691699 ... LastLast
Results 6,881 to 6,890 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I saw something on my news feed earlier from Bell but I can't seem to find anything. He was talking about how removal of isolation wouldn't result in a big wave. This seems to be the opposite of the concerns of some so I would be interesting in understanding his opinion and what it's based on

Did anyone see anything?
    I found this?

Sir John Bell, regius professor of medicine at Oxford University and the government’s life sciences adviser, has been speaking about Boris Johnson’s “living with Covid” plans on Radio 4’s The World at One.

He said:

"I think we’re in a position now where mandatory legally enforced quarantine for people who are positive is probably not necessary, given the disease we currently have is relatively benign.

The only people are really suffering badly from this disease are the unvaccinated ... I suspect we could keep going [with restrictions] if we wanted to, but it’s not at all clear to me that we’re going to have a serious problem in short/medium term.

At some point we have to decide we have to step back from this and just get on with life."

He also talked about the end of free testing and said:

" I think sliding back to a purely commercial model of testing is going to be problematic ... nevertheless we are doing a lot more testing than we need to do."
    I still think the timing of this has much more to do with saving that miserable waste of DNA's skin we have as a Prime Minister than any 'science'. I bet he's delighted that Putin has provided him with the biggest distraction imaginable.
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 22-02-22 at 08:16.

I bet he was furious that HRH tested positive the day before he wanted to have done with Covid with his "Big Plan". Heaven forbid that she goes downhill..

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I bet he was furious that HRH tested positive the day before he wanted to have done with Covid with his "Big Plan". Heaven forbid that she goes downhill..
    <pedant>

She's not HRH, she's HM

</pedant>

I doubt she will, she'll have the best possible care at Windsor. Otherwise it's King George VII* time...

*I understand Charles has chosen his regnal name to be George.

Sorry, PM...Must Do Better!

George VII eh? Not Chas III? So long as it's not King Andrew....

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    <pedant>

She's not HRH, she's HM

</pedant>

I doubt she will, she'll have the best possible care at Windsor. Otherwise it's King George VII* time...

*I understand Charles has chosen his regnal name to be George.
    HM's online zoom calls have been cancelled this week due to "mild" covid symptoms.....The Platinum Jubilee celebration organisers must be nervous...

I'll bet they are, P.

In other news, from next month Boots will sell a pack of five lateral flow tests for £12.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60486323

I shall nip and stock up tomorrow after I've been to the local DIY emporium - although what's the likelihood of them having fence panels?

I also note that Covid stats will no longer be published at the weekend in England from this week.

B&M sell LFTs but more like £5 for a one pack.

I suppose that's one positive from stopping testing in that suddenly demand pushes prices down. If Boots are doing it for a reasonable price the cheaper shops will start undercutting them.

I may have to get some and my brother will before coming here. Even though I lift with someone on the at risk list you don't get anything from the NHS. I didn't qualify for earlier vaccination so would have had to argue that one out with a GP.

A good piece in the Guardian about the ending of Covid restrictions and testing, and what it means for many of us.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...k-in-the-teeth

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I'll bet they are, P.

In other news, from next month Boots will sell a pack of five lateral flow tests for £12.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60486323

I shall nip and stock up tomorrow after I've been to the local DIY emporium - although what's the likelihood of them having fence panels?

I also note that Covid stats will no longer be published at the weekend in England from this week.
    Just seen another report elsewhere stating they are selling them in 1, 2 or 4 pack varieties too. Single less than £3 and quads less than £10 once LFTs are scrapped. Until then singles are over £5 so similiar in price to B&M.

Get ready for the Ebay explosion...

Buy celeb used/preloved ones on ebay? Another outlet for poor old bankrupt Katie Price?

Page 689 of 717 FirstFirst ... 189589639679687688689690691699 ... LastLast

Thread Information