Page 690 of 717 FirstFirst ... 190590640680688689690691692700 ... LastLast
Results 6,891 to 6,900 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Just seen another report elsewhere stating they are selling them in 1, 2 or 4 pack varieties too. Single less than £3 and quads less than £10 once LFTs are scrapped. Until then singles are over £5 so similiar in price to B&M.

Get ready for the Ebay explosion...
    You can absolutely guarantee people will be hitting the chemists now getting the free ones to sell on.

Over here in Aus there is a lot of price gouging,some chemists and grocery stores are charging $20 for 1 pack and $50 for 2 pack.Pensioners get a pack of 5 free but only at Chemist stores.
    Our International boarders are now open and we now don’t have to check in everywhere,mask wearing is stopping as of next week in some states but I will still wear my face shield with thousands of people coming into the country I will keep wearing it.

We got our first lot of freebies last week.
    Did you get yours?
    I'm sticking with masks too.
    We're currently isolating cause our grand daughter caught it.
    She tested negative until the fifth day.
    I'm pretty sure we've got it.
    Done one test and got a negative so we'll wait a few days and do another.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

I hope you both stay well, Phill..You are doing the right thing by isolating though. Hope your granddaughter is soon on the mend..

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    We got our first lot of freebies last week.
    Did you get yours?
    I'm sticking with masks too.
    We're currently isolating cause our grand daughter caught it.
    She tested negative until the fifth day.
    I'm pretty sure we've got it.
    Done one test and got a negative so we'll wait a few days and do another.

No I didn’t get freebies Phill I paid $15 for a 2 pac 2 mths ago and haven’t used them yet.I am still recovering from the virus. I do hope you both test negative and your granddaughter is going ok.
    I know about isolation!being stuck in Sydney for months on end nearly sent me over the gap.

The UK's Covid stats are still on a nice downward trend (from all counts).

Dr JC said in one of his videos the other day that daily case numbers don't really mean much anymore, but the deaths and hospitalisations are still very much a more reliable indicator of current trends, all of which are still down week-on-week.

On the dashboard site, which in turn is now starting to become a pale shadow of its former self IMO, the 'Patients on mechanical ventilator beds' stats are now at their lowest levels since late June last year, when Delta was really starting to take over from Alpha.

Mind you, the news headlines are now (understandably) being hogged by the Ukraine conflict, and Covid has now slipped down the pecking order of the news headlines, in stark contrast to even a month ago when it was still mostly hogging the top slot.

How will you cope when covid stats cease to be published after the weekend, lenco?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    How will you cope when covid stats cease to be published after the weekend, lenco?
    I thought it was only the weekend stats that were ceasing publication?

From the week of 21 February 2022, the UK Health Security Agency will stop publishing dashboard updates at weekends.
    The dashboard will be updated as usual from Monday to Friday. Daily cases and deaths by report date published on Mondays will include figures from the weekend. These will not be separated out to show daily figures for Saturday and Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    TBH, from a personal perspective, I'm now generally less concerned about the Covid stats, partly because I've not long had the virus myself, which felt like nothing more than an ordinary cold to me, and have felt far worse with past flu viruses, long before this pandemic.

Of course there are still other people far less fortunate than myself who are still being affected far, far worse than I was a fortnight ago (no gloating intended), and I still feel for them and their loved ones.

Also of course, it's still possible a more lethal new variant could arise in due course, but that's a hypothetical worst case scenario right now, and will worry about it if and when it happens (heaven forbid).

No point in worrying about it in the meantime though, as it's not a 'here-and-now' problem, and only hypothetical right now.

Had an email from one of my workplaces today - no change to existing rules for at least a month so the 2m rule and masks remain compulsory. I'm happy with that.

Page 690 of 717 FirstFirst ... 190590640680688689690691692700 ... LastLast

Thread Information