Page 693 of 717 FirstFirst ... 193593643683691692693694695703 ... LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,930 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Wouldn't it be most ironic if Ukraine and inadvertently the Russian Federation became hotbeds for Omicron BA.2 over the coming days/weeks?

This is partly said in jest and I don't intend to be insensitive nor cause offence to anyone BTW.
    putting “no offense” at the end of all your comments shouldn’t give you leave to say whatever you like before it, Lenco.

Im going to pray this doesn’t happen to the people of Ukraine. They’re dealing with enough right now.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    putting “no offense” at the end of all your comments shouldn’t give you leave to say whatever you like before it, Lenco.
    Agreed. Better not to say it at all.

Thirded. Lenco, maybe be a little more thoughtful about what you post? I know we all slip up, but a good rule of thumb to go by is:

1) Is it necessary?
    2) Is it helpful?
    3) Is it kind?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Thirded. Lenco, maybe be a little more thoughtful about what you post? I know we all slip up, but a good rule of thumb to go by is:

1) Is it necessary?
    2) Is it helpful?
    3) Is it kind?
    Comment now deleted.

I'm obviously not right in the head myself ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Comment now deleted.

I'm obviously not right in the head myself ATM.
    Nobody's saying that, Lenco.

I didn’t mean that at all, Lenco. I just meant that if you need to put no offense at the end of a post, maybe review it first and see what it is about it that could be considered offensive. There might be a better way to phrase something.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    I didn’t mean that at all, Lenco. I just meant that if you need to put no offense at the end of a post, maybe review it first and see what it is about it that could be considered offensive. There might be a better way to phrase something.
    Hence the age-old expression 'if in doubt, leave it out', which I should have considered.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Nobody's saying that, Lenco.
    I haven't been thinking 100% rationally myself at times over the past week or so, especially due to the constant stresses concerning my mom's dementia.

But I acknowledge it's still no excuse for inappropriate posts from myself though, and I seriously apologise to anyone whom I might have offended on here earlier today.

Covid can at least be screened for. There is no doubt it will increase under the pressure of more people coming together but then so are so many illnesses that will increase under disaster conditions. They can prevent a knock on effect across Europe by testing refugees before they move on

Hey glassgirlw my GF has a cat also called Loki!
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 07-03-22 at 13:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    I know how you feel Terry. My mother is in her 9Os and we have kept her safe throughout this pandemic. It’s quite scary to see masks ripped off enmass and all restrictions being done away with. But it’s got to happen at some point I suppose, we can’t keep resorting to public panic every few months.

We just have to be vigilant with our vulnerable family members. I had a cold all week, it’s gone now but I did do a Covid test just in case before I saw her yesterday.
    Although we’ve kept her free from covid, lockdown did a tremendous amount of damage to her mobility. She really struggles now and yet she was fine before.
    You're doing the right thing to protect her, Darksky.

Another concern I have is workers coming in. With no regulation it's down to firms to decide. We don't need meter readers, electricians, plumbers, delivery drivers, etc doing whatever they want. They will put vulnerable people at risk.

Page 693 of 717 FirstFirst ... 193593643683691692693694695703 ... LastLast

Thread Information