Page 699 of 717 FirstFirst ... 199599649689697698699700701709 ... LastLast
Results 6,981 to 6,990 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    There’s certainly a lot of it about at the moment.
    But apart from Scotland hanging onto their indoor mask wearing policies for a bit longer, there doesn't appear to be any talk so far of any restrictions being reinstated (at least not here in England).

I've basically now given up following the dashboard stats as especially since they stopped publishing at weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) their numbers have been extremely hodge-podge and all over the place, especially with stats for Mondays (and sometimes Tuesdays) playing catch-up after weekends.

All very confusing and inconsistent IMO.

Yes it’s probably not worth it Lenco.
    I occasionally check it on a Monday to see what it’s like in my borough, but I think it’s a bit like seeking a reassurance, so I might try and stop.

Wow, 3! And you all have to test every day anyway? I’m sure you’ll be fine as you only had it very recently.
    There’s certainly a lot of it about at the moment.
    We had another 2 positives by the time the department opened and then another one this afternoon for someone who stayed off because they felt ill.

It was a busy day rearranging clinics and trying to get cover. I'm going in tomorrow when I was meant to be on holiday just to cover the office as unfortunately 2 admin staff have got it so we're buggered. Fortunately I only have to cover our area as they've managed to get someone to cover the other site affected.

I'll just keep doing LFT's and hopefully will stay clear. It would be terribly unlucky to get it again so soon after having it. But I guess what will be will be.

I don't want to miss my hair appointment on Saturday so fingers crossed!

May your LFT lines stay single, Catkins! We all need our regular follicle taming!

Covid has reached my daughter's farm where she works..Symptoms seemed to be more marked but over more quickly along with a negative LFT.

Apparently Camilla is still under the weather from her recent bout. I imagine that she's someone who rarely cancels official engagements so she must have been badly affected.

Yes it’s probably not worth it Lenco.
    I occasionally check it on a Monday to see what it’s like in my borough, but I think it’s a bit like seeking a reassurance, so I might try and stop.
    The BBC don't seem to be making that big a deal over all things Covid so far this week. In fact, they appear to have jettisoned publication of daily stats so far this week (Mondays to Fridays), not that I'm really that bothered right now anyway.

While it definitely still hasn't gone away, it's now obviously no longer considered the big news story it was previously.

Boris says......Let's Get Boosted Again!

4th jabs in the offing....but don't mention the Pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Boris says......Let's Get Boosted Again!

4th jabs in the offing....but don't mention the Pandemic.
    A fourth jab?

"Really...?", he said wearily.

Mind you, that contemptible oaf compared Ukraine's fight for freedom to Brexit and resisting "wokeness", to the applause of the gibbering brain-dead chimps assembled in Blackpool today.
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 19-03-22 at 20:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    A fourth jab?

Mind you, that contemptible oaf compared Ukraine's fight for freedom to Brexit and resisting "wokeness", to the applause of the gibbering brain-dead chimps assembled in Blackpool today.
    It was a stupid comparison. I suspect all but the hardened will view it the same.

The 4th was announced for the more vulnerable groups from April I think. Did they say they are expanding this to others over the summer?

It makes sense considering it's spiking again. Otherwise the 3rd was pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    A fourth jab?

Personally I don't see any link or comparison between Ukraine 'fighting for freedom' and the UK voting to leave the EU. More like Boris trying to 'big himself up' once again after recently slumping in the opinion polls in the wake of Partygate, etc!

Javid says no 4th jab for everyone is planned yet....so I give it a month.

Funny to watch the Tories desperately trying to brush off Boris' latest gaffe as "fluff".

Page 699 of 717 FirstFirst ... 199599649689697698699700701709 ... LastLast

Thread Information