Page 701 of 717 FirstFirst ... 201601651691699700701702703711 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,010 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

It has been Covid watch here as dad started having cold symptoms on Saturday. After a few annoying days of streaming it has turned out to be a bog standard run of the mill lurgy. Even more annoyingly he's given it me now!

We're just thankful that's all it is and we didn't need to use the PCR test and fast treatment route for at risk groups that mum is in. Phew.

So I'm warning you all now: expect grumpiness with a good dollop of self pity. It's man flu time! (But damn I do all the housework so I guess I wont be allowed a good wallow. It's hard to be a woman!)

You're on dodgy ground with your stereotyping of genders, Terry! Apparently men are going to be asked whether they are pregnant before having NHS scans now!

Glad your Covidwatch wasn't necessary in the end..Huge relief for you all.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    It has been Covid watch here as dad started having cold symptoms on Saturday. After a few annoying days of streaming it has turned out to be a bog standard run of the mill lurgy. Even more annoyingly he's given it me now!

We're just thankful that's all it is and we didn't need to use the PCR test and fast treatment route for at risk groups that mum is in. Phew.

So I'm warning you all now: expect grumpiness with a good dollop of self pity. It's man flu time! (But damn I do all the housework so I guess I wont be allowed a good wallow. It's hard to be a woman!)
    There’s a lot of colds around at the moment too Terry. I hope you & your Dad recover quickly.
    I’ve heard that housework is an excellent cure for man-flu.

I’ve been hit with double man flu �� Mr.D got a stinker of a cold, got rid and a week later caught another one!

Hows your sciatica Terry? Any better?

Ghost…Spillways

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    I’ve been hit with double man flu �� Mr.D got a stinker of a cold, got rid and a week later caught another one!

Hows your sciatica Terry? Any better?
    Don't you hate those rebound colds.

My back is much better thanks, Darksky. Still flaring up a bit after walking, shopping, housework, etc but it's getting stronger. Maybe a few more weeks and it will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    There’s a lot of colds around at the moment too Terry. I hope you & your Dad recover quickly.
    I’ve heard that housework is an excellent cure for man-flu.
    Thanks Scass. I'm dosing up on vitamin C in small quantities across the day as that has stopped them quicker in the past. Maybe even a bonus since it will boost my immune system for a bit?

Was that heard or just didn't have a choice?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You're on dodgy ground with your stereotyping of genders, Terry! Apparently men are going to be asked whether they are pregnant before having NHS scans now!

Glad your Covidwatch wasn't necessary in the end..Huge relief for you all.
    So will that be as offensive as asking a woman who isn't?

Yes, huge relief as you can imagine. Even a cold can be a problem for mum so we are having to take extra steps but at least we are on familiar ground with a cold.

It must be really stressful for you, Terry. You do such a magnificent job protecting and caring for your mum and also supporting your dad.

Just as an aside...Have you ever considered using a TENS machine for your sciatica?

Will people still bother to test now that LFTs are no longer free of charge? One way of getting the numbers down, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Will people still bother to test now that LFTs are no longer free of charge? One way of getting the numbers down, I suppose.
    I don't think as many people are as bothered about Covid anymore anyway, especially since it no longer appears to be dominating the news headlines.

Even Ukraine now seems to be decreasing in overall air time with the foremost headlines this past week or two being about the rising cost of living, the Shropshire maternity hospital scandal, the P & O Ferries scandal, etc, though they're all for a whole 'nother thread.

Page 701 of 717 FirstFirst ... 201601651691699700701702703711 ... LastLast

Thread Information