Page 707 of 717 FirstFirst ... 207607657697705706707708709 ... LastLast
Results 7,061 to 7,070 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Regardless of engineered outrage at ministerial scandal - engineered by the media mostly - I don't think the majority of the population at this point give a stuff. People just concerned with getting on with their lives after the chaos of the last 2 years.

What the partygate nonsense has shown is that if government ministers and staff were happy to indulge in such disregard for their own imposed 'rules' and health guidance, then the whole covid lockdown was complete BS to begin with.. I don't see why the average bod on the street isn't more upset about having gone blindly along with all this and not questioned it from the outset. I certainly questioned all this from the beginning.

Government hoisted by its own petard and found wanting .... but I doubt whether Labour or the Liberals or the Greens et al would have acted differently ... going on past experience of ministerial incompetence, lies and general idiocy. Not to mention disregard for the intelligence of the average member of the public.

Quote Originally Posted by dorabella View Post
    Regardless of engineered outrage at ministerial scandal - engineered by the media mostly - I don't think the majority of the population at this point give a stuff. People just concerned with getting on with their lives after the chaos of the last 2 years.

Government hoisted by its own petard and found wanting .... but I doubt whether Labour or the Liberals or the Greens et al would have acted differently ... going on past experience of ministerial incompetence, lies and general idiocy. Not to mention disregard for the intelligence of the average member of the public.
    Dunno about the outrage about this ministerial scandal being 'engineered' per se, as to me, and no doubt most others, it comes across as sheer hypocrisy/double standards, and smacks of the usual 'do as I say, not as I do', but nevertheless, I do believe the media have a lot to answer for in general.

I do agree with you that the vast majority of the population now just want to get on with their day-to-day lives as best they can after all the turmoil and disruption of the past 2 years, plus even I can't bear the thought of having to go through a lot of the rigmaroles all over again, as selfish as I may sound to some.

As for the other political parties, you're probably right that they would have no doubt also got it in the neck just the same as Boris and Co during the course of this pandemic had any of them been in power instead, especially as many of us throughout society can be very 'anti-authority' and have 'know-it-all' tendencies period!

We tend to vote in this country for the party we least dislike, hence our general apathy to those in power or opposition.

Whilst this post isn't intended as China/ Chinese-bashing in any way (before I end up getting it in the neck from the 'PC brigade'), what do people on here make of China's ongoing 'zero-Covid' policies and their current strict lockdowns?

Personally I think they're a bit OTT and unwarranted with both Omicron and the advent of vaccines, and would no doubt now be totally unworkable if attempted in the UK and most other countries of the world.

Just curious to know, both for and against?

I'm against them. I think that they are being over cautious and with much milder variants and widespread vaccination they are unnecessary.

My husband was talking to the wife of a freight pilot the other day, he's been delivering to China, they are met at the airport by staff in full hazmat gear, total overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    I'm against them. I think that they are being over cautious and with much milder variants and widespread vaccination they are unnecessary.

My husband was talking to the wife of a freight pilot the other day, he's been delivering to China, they are met at the airport by staff in full hazmat gear, total overkill.
    My sentiments exactly.

This time 2 years ago most Covid restrictions the world over were obviously far more justified given the circumstances of the time, plus nobody really knew any other ways around it then, but luckily the situation is now very different, and for the most part, no longer warrants the same measures.

The wife and I got our 2nd booster yesterday. This one, much more than the others, kicked me in the rear! Feel like I've been hit by a truck! So its an ibuprofen and chill day..... The positive is that we're as protected as we're going to be

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hope you feel better tomorrow. Reactions are fortunately short lived but as you say the important thing is you are well protected against serious illness.

I had covid a couple of weeks back and it was fine, a bit of cold symptoms that was all.
    My mother had her 2 nd booster last week. A sore arm and a doze in the afternoon and that was it. But at 93, I’m glad her reactions are minimal.

Ghost…Spillways

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    We tend to vote in this country for the party we least dislike, hence our general apathy to tho
    se in power or opposition.
    It's the same down here.
    Not much to choose from this time unfortunately.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

North Korea finally admits that the "fever" has reached their poor people. No vaccination programme there so the world will be able to see just how benign (or not) omicron is without immunisation.

Jacinda Ardern also has Covid with "moderate" symptoms.

Page 707 of 717 FirstFirst ... 207607657697705706707708709 ... LastLast

Thread Information