Page 712 of 717 FirstFirst ... 212612662702710711712713714 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,120 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Covid cabin fever must be grim but at least his days of getting under your feet are numbered now and you'll soon have some space to recover in peace.

How are you feeling this morning? Any different symptoms from your last bout?

Tonight, for the first time in several weeks, I had a gander at the Covid dashboard site simply out of curiosity, and it's changed a fair bit since my last view, with several more comprehensive additions.

Today's confirmed cases are around 6k (the lowest daily number recorded since about June 2021), though the actual number of cases is still bound to be significantly higher (a la ZOE and the ONS figures, though still on a downward trend nevertheless).

Obviously (for better or worse) the news now seems to be far more focused on Monkeypox, with Covid now seemingly getting negligible attention by comparison, ironically despite Covid still being the more lethal (despite Omicron), widespread and problematic of the two viruses that are now, of course, coexistent!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Covid cabin fever must be grim but at least his days of getting under your feet are numbered now and you'll soon have some space to recover in peace.

How are you feeling this morning? Any different symptoms from your last bout?
    It feels more like a head cold this time. Still coughing bit not as much as last time. Bit generally a blocked up head and slightly fuzzy feeling.

Let's hope that this is your last bout of it..and that better vaccines are being produced which are longer lasting.

At least people will have to self-isolate with monkey pox as the blisters will be a bit of a giveaway.

Gosh, imagine if you get a normal blister and everyone thinks you've got monkey pox.

Kind of makes me think of that film The Bodysnatchers.

Well day 5 was yesterday and I'm still testing positive. Feel fine, a little tired maybe, but can't go back to work until I have two negative tests.

I think I've struggled more with isolation this week than last time I had Covid, maybe because I've felt less ill, although I didn't feel that ill last time either. Anyway, although I knew the rules didn't make sense the last couple of days have highlighted it more to me.

Currently the guidance is that you have to isolate for 5 days, you don't need to test and after those 5 days isolation you can carry on as normal, although it does say to avoid vulnerable people for 10 days. So in theory I could go about my business as normal now. But, because I work for the NHS I have to do lateral flows to make sure I'm clear before I go back to work, which tbh I think is fair. So I'm now on day six so in theory according to the guidelines I can just resume life, but how can I when my test says I'm still positive? And if I'm still positive, lots of other people will be. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Plus after 10 days even if I'm still testing positive I can go back to work, working with vulnerable people (although will be in full PPE).

Ok, I'm going through a phase where I'm convinced I'm going to test positive for the rest of my life, I'm aware I'm being over dramatic and that's highly unlikely, but things are very confusing.

Covid's "over"...unless you work for the NHS or any healthcare setting. According to the Gov that is. How could there ever be any more rules/restrictions/guidance.. whatever..after what has happened re Partygate??

All you can do is wait for those negative tests and I hope they come very soon now. Have you got any Jubilee commitments?

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Well day 5 was yesterday and I'm still testing positive. Feel fine, a little tired maybe, but can't go back to work until I have two negative tests.

I think I've struggled more with isolation this week than last time I had Covid, maybe because I've felt less ill, although I didn't feel that ill last time either. Anyway, although I knew the rules didn't make sense the last couple of days have highlighted it more to me.

Currently the guidance is that you have to isolate for 5 days, you don't need to test and after those 5 days isolation you can carry on as normal, although it does say to avoid vulnerable people for 10 days. So in theory I could go about my business as normal now. But, because I work for the NHS I have to do lateral flows to make sure I'm clear before I go back to work, which tbh I think is fair. So I'm now on day six so in theory according to the guidelines I can just resume life, but how can I when my test says I'm still positive? And if I'm still positive, lots of other people will be. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Plus after 10 days even if I'm still testing positive I can go back to work, working with vulnerable people (although will be in full PPE).

Ok, I'm going through a phase where I'm convinced I'm going to test positive for the rest of my life, I'm aware I'm being over dramatic and that's highly unlikely, but things are very confusing.
    A colleague of mine tested positive for, I think, eleven days.

Hopefully tomorrow or the next day will be negative for you Catkins. I’m so pleased you are feeling better though.

I went for an eye test today & everyone who worked at the optician was wearing masks still. I did ask if they’d like me to, but they said no.

I am sure there was an element of that with me. The old…I’m going to test positive forever scenario. Nobody else has but I am going to be the first person ever I think that was why I didn’t test til day 9. I wanted to give myself a fighting chance of being negative. Pretty sure I would have been negative before then but it’s odd what our heads make us do

Ghost…Spillways

Page 712 of 717 FirstFirst ... 212612662702710711712713714 ... LastLast

Thread Information