Page 716 of 717 FirstFirst ... 216616666706714715716717 LastLast
Results 7,151 to 7,160 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Hi everyone, just wanted to get an insight to your experiences recovering from covid.
    For 2.5 years we've managed to avoid it, got fully jabbed, used masks, hand stuff etc, then we got hit with it. For me days one and two were a bit rough, but by day three I started to make good progress. Then all of a sudden on day ten I was struck down with a really bad throat, and a coughing frenzy with lots of yuk being produced. On day 15 now and still suffering, but had two negative tests day 12 and 13. Has anyone experienced symptoms coming back after feeling well? Still testing negative, so did I get past covid fairly easily and just got unlucky with something else? So frustrating, not a lot of point in calling docs, but I have spoken to our pharmacist. I do feel the cough is not so bad now, but oh my ears are sore!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Feeling A Little Hoarse...

and maybe just a bit pony and trap? You might have the latest Covid sub-variant BA.2.75, otherwise known as the Centaurus mutation. In case you’re wondering... Centaurus was a Greek mythical mutant beast comprised half-man, half-horse.

Fourteen cases of the new Omicron subvariant, nicknamed Centaurus, have been identified in the UK, but the true number is likely to be “considerably higher”’...

https://inews.co.uk/news/science/cas...higher-1743926

Perhaps those boffins who came up with the Centaurus tag will apply the same logic to the next sub-variant, which may be even less dangerous. They could call it Minotauros, which, if I remember correctly, was half bull.... And I’ll be a-mazed if they do!
    Still another Omicron sub-variant but not a brand new (non-Omicron) variant then?

In another linked article they did also say that we may have already reached the peak of BA.4 and BA.5 in this country.

This week's ONS stats (as reported by the BBC today) reveal that Covid cases in the UK have started to fall for the first time since May.

Obviously whatever happens in the autumn and winter still remains to be seen, but there are further booster jabs in the pipeline for then, plus of course the usual annual flu jabs.

There's loads of Covid cases where I live in Surrey. The people I know with it have been pretty ill too.

For the last 2 weeks we've been told we wouldn't reach the peak until the end of August then yesterday they suddenly told us we'd reached it despite ever growing case numbers.
    Do they really have any idea or is it all just guess work?

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

I think it's what fits the agenda at the time..?

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    For the last 2 weeks we've been told we wouldn't reach the peak until the end of August then yesterday they suddenly told us we'd reached it despite ever growing case numbers.
    Do they really have any idea or is it all just guess work?
    I honestly don’t think anyone knows anymore. I think Covid moves too fast for even the experts to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    I honestly don’t think anyone knows anymore. I think Covid moves too fast for even the experts to keep up.
    I think you're probably correct there Erin.

But nevertheless, most people (at least here in the UK) now seem to be more or less back to many of their older pre-2020 ways again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    An observation: This current fall in infection rates has come at a time when the most infectious strain to-date is out there and during a period when there has been no mask mandate or lockdowns in force and the vaccination programme is reduced.
    Oh the irony.

Down here in QLD they're afraid to bring back mandates etc because we have a state election coming up.
    They're "strongly recommending" we wear masks.
    I'm wearing one regardless.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Page 716 of 717 FirstFirst ... 216616666706714715716717 LastLast

Thread Information