Page 76 of 717 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176576 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    The "second wave" will happen in the winter season when everyone and their dog has a cold or flu. Expect a exponential rise in "cases" and further lockdowns. This winter will be worse because of weakened immune systems due to people being bunged up inside for a long period. These "waves" are likely to carry on until there's a vaccine.

I hope I don't get bunged up inside this Winter but if I do I'll get some Vicks Sinex...

Very appropriate
    George Orwell was right about a lot of things.
    Just got his dates wrong.

The "second wave" will happen in the winter season when everyone and their dog has a cold or flu. Expect a exponential rise in "cases" and further lockdowns. This winter will be worse because of weakened immune systems due to people being bunged up inside for a long period. These "waves" are likely to carry on until there's a vaccine.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Just watched Trumphe said he has worn a mask and liked the way he looked he said he looked like the Lone Ranger Ba!Ha!Ha! and the virus is going to miraculously disappear.Crikey it gets better everyday The Daily Dose of Donald.

I read a prediction for 2020 that predicted the virus and that it would kill the US president then disappear and reemerge 10 yrs later

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

A few notes about Ben Garrison, the cartoon artist, on RationalWiki:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Ben_Garrison

This virus isn’t working in waves. It looks like it is, but the true meaning of first and second waves is the virus coming and going regardless of public health interventions. Influenza does this, coronaviruses don’t. The reason the incidence is falling is due to lockdowns and other measures.

I think it’s fairly evident now that most densely populated countries that take away lockdown measures are seeing small spikes. That’s not a wave, it’s just removing fuel that the virus needs to burn, give it that fuel and it starts to burn again.

I still don’t know why any government would want to keep shutting large parts of the economy down for something that doesn’t exist, but I’m fully aware that trying to get you to see such simple logic is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Perfect!

BTW FYI Zero covid cases at the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    This virus isn’t working in waves. It looks like it is, but the true meaning of first and second waves is the virus coming and going regardless of public health interventions. Influenza does this, coronaviruses don’t. The reason the incidence is falling is due to lockdowns and other measures.

I think it’s fairly evident now that most densely populated countries that take away lockdown measures are seeing small spikes. That’s not a wave, it’s just removing fuel that the virus needs to burn, give it that fuel and it starts to burn again.

I still don’t know why any government would want to keep shutting large parts of the economy down for something that doesn’t exist, but I’m fully aware that trying to get you to see such simple logic is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.
    I'll tell you why Gary...in two words... Donald Trump.

I had to go and use a cash machine tonight. Not only did I fail to take gloves, I got my washing sequence wrong when I got home and put the money in an envelope before washing my hands. Now I am worried that the envelope and car dashboard (where I placed the envelope) are contaminated :(

On top of that, why have there been no daily UK figures today? Are they trying to massage the numbers because they're much worse than expected?

I'm sure you'll be fine, PM.

Page 76 of 717 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176576 ... LastLast

Thread Information