Page 84 of 717 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184584 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    That chap sounded like a right chancer!!

Also, I don't think society in general took anxiety as seriously back in 1986 as now.
    He was a chancer Lencoboy, we never did hear the outcome. But yes anxiety back then was swept under the carpet. I'd never heard of it so obviously struggled because I didn't know what I was dealing with. Comments I heard family members make lead me to keep it as a terrible secret until 1989 when I tried to do something silly. But even then I was speaking Swahili to them and to this day its still the unspoken 'illness'.

Young girl dies from Covid-19 complications was all I read. That’s surely all that should matter?

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    This fake news site is politicizing her death to score political points against Trump. She was suffering from cancer, autoimmune disorder and other health issues since the age of 2. The whole article is based on a fake Facebook post which has now been removed.

Florida Teenager Dies of Complications from Coronavirus Two Days After Her 17th Birthday

https://people.com/health/florida-te...17th-birthday/

The statement went on to say that Carsyn "fought health challenges from the age of 2," including cancer and a rare autoimmune disorder, which required her to endure years of treatment and doctor visits.
    Totally agree. Any opportunistic infection/virus could have been the final straw. Sad that real people are used as ammo to score points.

Never Surrender, Comrade

The Sun and Daily Mail picked up the story but not the rest mentioned in the first link. They would have jumped on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    The Sun and Daily Mail picked up the story but not the rest mentioned in the first link. They would have jumped on it.
    Well that's a surprise, considering they're usually among the first to stick their oar in, given that they (historically) love the drama with anything like that.

So... I've written about the stress at work with some employees not following the guidelines. I've spoken to management and they've tried to address it but sadly without much success. Between that and some of the customers, it stresses me out big time.

Well today the company announced that no one is allowed in the building without a mask. We have masks for customers and we're to tell them prior when confirming appointments that they're required for entry. ALSO, this goes for all employees. They will begin screening on Monday which includes temperature checks and wearing a mask. No exceptions (unless medical). That means the morons not following will now have to, no exceptions. Disciplinary action will be taken if not. Otherwise, if they feel that strongly about not wearing a mask and practicing the guidelines, they can take PTO or unpaid leave.

Needless to say, I feel a lot better

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Ah that’s good news FMP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FMP, I hope consistency with co-operation pays off, it's the only way

1. We did the hard months in lockdown abiding by rules for you to get here.
    2. No one gives a shit if you prefer white towels or hotels with sea views.
    You're in quarantine for fourteen days ...obey the rules.

Something rather dubious concerning today's stats, as the confirmed cases have leapt back above 800 (820) and even the deaths are 148 (just 48 yesterday).

Something very fishy going on, either were the stats over more recent days were undercounted or are we now heading the same way as the USA?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Something rather dubious concerning today's stats, as the confirmed cases have leapt back above 800 (820) and even the deaths are 148 (just 48 yesterday).

Something very fishy going on, either were the stats over more recent days were undercounted or are we now heading the same way as the USA?
    Either we are seeing the after-effects of the recent opening up of pubs and communal crowd gatherings, or there is something fishy going on. I watch the stats like you Lencoboy and I noticed about a week ago a sudden increase on the data.gov figures ... similar to what they have been doing for the last month or so adding previously (supposedly) unreported cases/deaths from a week or two weeks prior - except that a week or so back all the regional case numbers suddenly increased by anything from 20 - 300 cases. There was some incomprehensible explanation as to why the numbers had risen but it was far from clear to me. Nothing correlates to what we hear in the news reports (Leicester / Myrthyr Tidfil being a good examples).

I just get the impression that they are making it up as they go along because they have lost track or data or the reporting is so so irregular. If as they keeping harping on about that new infections in the public arena are diminishing regularly, then where on earth are these hundreds of new cases sourced from? Cases in hospital or care homes or in the community? Where, who or when? You can't make any sense out of it.

Page 84 of 717 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184584 ... LastLast

Thread Information