Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: :(

Re: :(

I had an emergency hysterectomy at 32 when my daughter was born but my ovaries were left. Apparently they fail within 5 years after hysterectomy but this wasn't know then. I wasn't offered HRT and had my first psychiatric hospitalisation 4 years post-surgery. I didn't have counselling either-just had to get on with it.

I think you are much better off now, Snowy. Surgical menopause can be harsh but it's not a life sentence. People like to be dramatic on these facebook groups-they need to be heard. If you have found someone to help you then they can give you the very best advice which is right for you.

Sometimes people who struggle the most keep quiet too. Don't believe everything you read on facebook!

Thanks so much Pulisa. I think I'll leave that group as it is detrimental to my mental health. Thanks again

You must do what's best for you and that group certainly sounds unhelpful.Real life help and support will give you a true understanding of what may happen after surgery which basically messes up your hormones and affects your emotions quite dramatically.

I hope you feel better and stronger very soon. I'm sure all the Covid upheaval doesn't help because you also have your son to protect.

The group is helpful, especially with hrt, as it is a group for ladies that have had their ovaries out, where menopause is sudden and severe. It is just the suffering in there that is hard to see, but they have a wealth of knowledge about hrt and coping with different symptoms of menopause. I know the journey is different for everyone though. I will be seeing an endocrinologist in a couple of weeks, however, the hrt I'm on now is easing my symptoms a bit.

The whole covid thing doesn't bother me. I am in Australia, and we have a pretty good grip on it. Barely any active cases, and my life hasn't really changed because of it. I've always been a socially withdrawn recluse lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information