Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Found tiny lump in breast

Re: Found tiny lump in breast

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole0134 View Post
    Sorry - deleted post as I was referring to appts in England and I see you are in Ireland. Try and stay calm til you get your appointment. It's so hard not to focus on something once you've felt it....but it's 99% probably harmless.
    I actually saw your post just before you deleted it. It's good you have your routine mammogram coming up. All routine mammos have definitely been cancelled in Ireland.
    But I rang the breast clinic a while ago. She confirmed that they are still taking referrals from GPs, so I should have an appointment with the next 2 weeks.
    That's still a long time to wait when you're worried sick but at least its not going to be a few months, which is what I was fearing.

And best of luck with your mammogram. I'm sure you'll be fine but there's always going to be some bit of anxiety around it

Quote Originally Posted by Pearly queen View Post
    The only thing I would say is your doctor is used to doing breast exams and she was confident of what she could feel. I don't want to insult you because I have been where you are but is it possible you are feeling bone or cartilage? Try to trust your doctor for your own peace of mind.
    Thank you Pearly Queen. I'm going to be scared until I go in for my appointment, but at least it will be with the next 2 weeks, which is a damn site better that 2 or 3 months!
    I know my GP has experience, but she examined me so quickly in that area. And it's a lot more difficult to feel it when I'm lying down.
    I know I should put more confidence in her but it's so bloody hard when I'm feeling this lump all the time.
    If she had said she felt something and wasn't worried about it, I'd be ok with that. But it's the fact that she said she couldn't feel anything, there's nothing there she said. BUT THERE IS - I wanted to scream at her :(

I understand Broken girl. It's hard to wait for appointments, I did have to wait months because I wasnt considered urgent, thankfully I was ok. I still get worried everytime I do my check and everytime I have a shower. Only this morning I thought I saw a dimple and am not 100% sure I didn't but I'm also aware that around a week to 10 days after my period I am hormonal and my ha is worse than ever. It's hard but you have support here if you need to chat.

Hi there friend! I haven't popped on here lately and did this evening. I'm so so so sorry you are going through this, especially right now with covid. :( *Hugs*

Not sure if this is the same, but a couple years ago, I felt a lump while on vacation. It was hard (to me) and didn't move. Felt like a tiny marble. Took it to my gynecologist Dr. and she didn't feel it at first but then I made her check it again. She said it was breast tissue, just firmer. She then explained to me about what I feel.....I always thought moveable meant j could move the lump itself around on it's own. She corrected me and said if it moves WITH your breast tissue and not stays behind, it's considered moveable. Then she told me a hard lump feels like ocean coral or rocks. There is a difference between firm and rock hard. Anyway, again, I'm so sorry you're having them scare. *Hugs* feel free to PM me if you need to chat.

I just got my appointment for the breast clinic. It's 9am next Monday morning.
    So scared again now, my anxiety is getting really high.

And the worst thing is that they won't even be able to do a mammogram, because all mammos have been paused in this country. It's so frustrating!!

I was doing ok for the past day or two - I had my moments but was hanging in there.

I just took a shower a while ago and felt the lump. The smaller one that I originally felt, I'm not too bad about that one.
    But it's the one that the doctor found. I don't understand how I never felt it. It's very large. I'd say it's anything from between half an inch to an inch across and a quarter to half an inch high. It's just above my nipple. It's quite hard but I don't think it's what they call rock hard. Even though the doctor said she doesn't think it's cancer, I'm still really scared of it, probably due to it's size, and it's very irregular in shape.
    It does feel a small bit like a piece of rope, so I don't know if that's a good sign or not.

I think it's going to make a long long weekend for me now, waiting until Monday morning :(

I'm no expert but I've read about that ropey feeling in the breast and it's usually fibrocystic breast tissue, which isn't uncommon or sinister. I know how you feel, the waiting is agony. I have an obsession with breast cancer and sometimes dread taking a shower for fear of seeing or feeling something. I've been reading a book lately that has been helping me deal with worry. It's by David A Carbonell. It's helped more than I thought possible. I'm still anxious but have learnt to deal with it more rationally.

Oh boy, it's the night before my breast clinic appointment, and I'm in a bad way now!!
    Absolutely hate this feeling , and only the worst thoughts are coming into my head.
    And I'm also panicking about other stuff in my life as well, non health related. I'm hoping that will calm down once I get tomorrow over and done with. Not that I'm expecting to leave the hospital happy tomorrow - the truth is I don't know what to expect, but I know I won't be able to get a mammogram.
    I'm trying to use some rational with all of this, but I think I'm too far down the rabbit hole at the moment.
    Just want to be happy again :(

Hi there I went to breast clinic on Wednesday due to similar type of lump to you and above nipple and it was a cyst nothing to worry about and very common so please don’t stress. You have done right thing going docs and they can tell by feeling it so the fact doc said doesn’t feel like cancer you should find reassuring. Take a good book to read with you. Xx

Let us know how you got on.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information