Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Found tiny lump in breast

Re: Found tiny lump in breast

Sorry it's so late that I'm updating the thread.
    I saw a young doctor this morning. He gave me a breast exam and said he couldn't feel anything worrisome.
    Then he said (and I nearly fell off the chair when he said it), "We'll just send you for a mammogram in a minute, just to be sure".
    I nearly screamed WHAAAAT at him, I thought there were no mammograms going on at the moment. Turns out it's just the routine mammos have been cancelled. Anyone getting referred by their GP with a symptom is still having them done.
    So they did the mammo but unfortunately I won't get the results for about 3 weeks. I was disappointed with that because every time I ever had a previous mammo done I was given the results there and then.
    The nurse could tell I was a bit stressed over this so she had a quiet word with me. She told me that the radiographer looks at them almost as soon as they're done, and if they see anything alarming on them, I would then be sent for an ultrasound.
    So I'm taking it that it's a good sign that they let me walk out of there this morning without an ultrasound.
    I'll just try to put it out of my head now, and I think I'm able to do that, even though my anxiety is quite high about something else going on in my life atm (not health related) but I'm hoping that that issue will be solved by the end of the week. It will either be resolved or have blown up in my face, in which case I'll have to deal with it then.
    I think all the recent worry about my breast has made me extremely anxious in general and I've been left with racing catastrophic thoughts.
    The joys of anxiety

Re: Found tiny lump in breast

I am glad you got your appointment over with and got what I would consider a positive outcome. It was nice that the nurse could reassure you. Try to enjoy the fact that it's over and you can start to move on.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information