Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Zero Cases Today in NZ but ....

Re: Zero Cases Today in NZ but ....

Strange how these CV threads seem to taper off into other things, like our past traumatic experiences at school and also football.

I'm not complaining though, especially as other non-CV related threads in this forum are mostly (and understandably) being overlooked in favour of these CV threads ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I've been meaning to look at that link you posted.

I've just been going off the post code search on the BBC page. Originally it only showed confirmed cases but in the last week or so they have added deaths to it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-51768274

I'm just glad I'm no longer seeing 50 cases a day. It was hard to look at deaths as the local media were going off hospital data that spanned other areas because they are a combined trust. It made it feel worse than it probably was as some of the hospitals were further into areas of the West Midlands that have been harder hit.
    Ah, I didn't realised they'd changed it. Thanks for that.

We (NZ) are moving to Alert Level 2 on Thursday 14 May...PM Jacinda Ardern talks about the step down...worth a watch

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12330988

*3 more confirmed Covid19 cases today (11/05/2020), 2 nurses linked to an existing cluster, and another returned Kiwi in quarantine. The 2 nurses have been asymptomatic throughout a stand-down period in self isolation (scary)! *
    Last edited by WiseMonkey; 11-05-20 at 12:49.

Oops! 2 more cases today!! Painful reminder ...

The PM and DGH said there would be more cases but later rather than sooner! Two travelers from the UK came out of quarantine early on compassionate ground to visit a dying relative and tested positive for CV today. They were not tested before the left quarantine, which is essential and were considered low risk!

This highlights the need to stay the 14 day isolation despite the circumstance otherwise CV will get away again. There is just no room for complacency! Grrrrrr!!! Heads need to roll on this exemption

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12340371
    Last edited by WiseMonkey; 16-06-20 at 12:28.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Oops! 2 more cases today!! Painful reminder ...

The PM and DGH said there would be more cases but later rather than sooner! Two travelers from the UK came out of quarantine early on compassionate ground to visit a dying relative and tested positive for CV today. They were not tested before the left quarantine, which is essential and were considered low risk!

This highlights the need to stay the 14 day isolation despite the circumstance otherwise CV will get away again. There is just no room for complacency! Grrrrrr!!! Heads need to roll on this exemption

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12340371
    Hopefully this won't spiral into a 'name and shame the UK' thing, though I cannot really decide as to whether it's the UK or NZ that is at fault in this particular instance, which is highly debatable ATM.

Hopefully as it is only two cases so far it should be pretty easy to contain provided those two people affected self-isolate for the next fortnight or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Hopefully this won't spiral into a 'name and shame the UK' thing, though I cannot really decide as to whether it's the UK or NZ that is at fault in this particular instance, which is highly debatable ATM.

Hopefully as it is only two cases so far it should be pretty easy to contain provided those two people affected self-isolate for the next fortnight or so.
    The women concerned were NZ citizens who'd been living in the UK for many years and decided to come back (which they're entitled to do) to see a dying relative. They had been in quarantine only 6 days before being permitted to travel.

It was completely a NZ Health Dept. cock-up! Someone/s took it upon themselves (likely because we're at Level one) not to test the women before they traveled from Auckland to Wellington! Testing is mandatory when leaving isolation.

It remains to be seen whether any community spread happens because of this breach. All compassionate leave requests from quarantine have now been cancelled and rightly so.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information