Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Zero Cases Today in NZ but ....

Re: Zero Cases Today in NZ but ....

Two new confirmed cases in NZ today ... both related to known clusters ... the long tail of Covid19 continues.

Yup, times are unsettling aren't they. I/my family started lockdown two weeks before the UK govt announced it as being necessary, I think I stated this somewhere else - as there was evidence around that we were at the point of needing to do so. I so wish our govt had acted quicker and more strongly at the start, especially as we have a large population, are so crushed in on this island and a hub for international travel. CAn I come to NZ please ?

We had none in my StateDo you let in International travellers in UK?our borders have been closed since March except for mercy flights for aussies too come home then they go into isolation for 14 days

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    Do you let in International travellers in UK?
    Yes, we do and with no checks or quarantine. They're talking about quarantine, but it won't happen.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/05/18000...arch-12657384/

Geezus that is so wrong,know wonder UK and Trumpville have the highest Covid deaths,bloody madness not closing the borders. That is bloody madness WTF..Well Pample you stay safe amongst all the craziness.xx

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    Geezus that is so wrong,know wonder UK and Trumpville have the highest Covid deaths,bloody madness not closing the borders. That is bloody madness WTF..Well Pample you stay safe amongst all the craziness.xx
    I am trying my best, although this last couple of days my HA has got markedly worse. I have decided to not buy anything online from now on (except groceries), keep a couple of boxes on hand under the letterbox to quarantine post in for a week, no takeaway deliveries and not to leave the house at all after tomorrow, when I have to collect my medicines.

And if I feel staying in bed all day is best for me, that is what I will do.

There's just been a feature on the news about people's increasing anxiety re a relaxation of the lockdown. It's all a huge mess and we must do what we have to do to keep mentally stable, Pamplemousse. You take good care of yourself..and keep well!

This is what will be happening when we in (NZ) move down to Alert Level 2 and can leave our bubble (hopefully Thursday next week May 14) ...
    Definitely worth a watch, intro by Dr Ashley Bloomfield....
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12330222

PS. only 1 confirmed new case today from an existing cluster
    Last edited by WiseMonkey; 07-05-20 at 05:30.

Now, compare your approach with the UK approach where despite over 6,000 new cases yesterday and nearly 700 deaths there is talk of relaxing our LINO (Lockdown In Name Only) on Monday to get the economy going as the "super thinkers" are saying that the NHS can cope with the current level of cases and deaths so there's no reason not to get people back to work.

Geezus.That is bloody madness with the US and UK with the highest cases and deaths and just worrying over the god almighty dollar?crazy.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information