Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: People have tested positive at my Dad’s work

People have tested positive at my Dad’s work

I am so beyond terrified right now. Two people my dad has been around at work have tested positive. Now we are all worried sick in the house. I am so scared that I am going to die and I just feel like I am going to lose my mind. I just want to wake up from this nightmare. I feel like I’m going to die

Re: People have tested positive at my Dad’s work

Quote Originally Posted by UserName16 View Post
    I am so beyond terrified right now. Two people my dad has been around at work have tested positive. Now we are all worried sick in the house. I am so scared that I am going to die and I just feel like I am going to lose my mind. I just want to wake up from this nightmare. I feel like I’m going to die
    Your dad and family should now self isolate and if anyone feels sick they should see the Dr to be tested. Actually, your dad's whole work should be shut down, people should be tested and put in isolation. People should not be out working while the virus is running rampant, they should be isolating at home. Take care.

That’s what I feel too! However, his work is not shutting down, and the owner did not even bother telling anyone. I feel like that Is so wrong of them.

I wish we would have known as soon as they found out. I’ve been to the store, being careful of course. But I had absolutely no idea of any of that! Now I’m worried we have all possibly been exposed and it’s just being spread!

Right now none of us have symptoms. We are all just worried sick. I can’t believe his work isn’t even shutting down to clean. I am trying to sleep but it is almost 3:30 AM and I can’t. My heart is pounding in my chest and it’s scaring me.

Tonight was pretty upsetting, a few hours ago I was on the phone with my boyfriend and his friends. My dad burst into the room and randomly started just screaming at me. I spent a good hour or so crying and feeling very embarrassed. My eyes are puffy and my nose is still slightly stuffy from crying. I think my anxiety is just a lot to handle right now. I wish my heart would stop beating so fast so I could get some sleep. My heart is up to 130. I closed my eyes with the reader on my finger and just focused on deep breaths. It went back to 98-103 but as soon as I opened my eyes and looked at the number it climbed back up
    Last edited by UserName20; 04-05-20 at 09:48.

UserName16 here in the US if we feel unsafe as a customer or an employee, we are to call the health department.

If your dad's company is not taking proper measures to protect his employees, that warrants a call.

It is a shitty situation, but try and remember that even if you do get it, the chances of you actually dying are very, very small.

The most likely scenario is that you're all ill for a couple of weeks.

I know two people who have definitely had it and they're both fine now. One in his 40s, one in his 50s.

The reality is that the vast majority of people it kills would have also died from the flu or even falling over. Not all, but most.

Thank you both! I’m trying to not myself jump to the death conclusion, especially when we don’t even know if it got passed into my dad. His work had a change of heart this morning and informed them all that they will be shutting down for the next two weeks. I feel like this will be the longest two weeks of my life of trying not to look for symptoms. Now I’m wondering if my throat hurts or if it’s just dry. I Guess the real number is up to 4 including a manager
    Last edited by UserName20; 04-05-20 at 16:00.

I know that you are anxious and I completely understand why! I do want to pass on some hopeful information. First, I have a friend who got Covid-19 from her son who returned home from a treatment facility. She had it rough for a period of time, but only she and her son had it, while her young daughter and husband never exhibited symptoms. Second, we have had a handful of people at work who may have had it (not a lot of testing here) and they self-isolated, and are now doing fine. The things is, and it is hard to wrap my head around this, we were all probably incredible exposed to this virus before the shut downs. People have it and we just don't know that they do. I do not know what kind of work your dad does, but I suppose since they are able to close for two weeks it will all get sorted soon.

It is a strange situation to be in because no one wants anyone to get sick, but on the other hand, shutting down is have a huge negative impact on people's finances. I can understand the push and pull of wanting people to be safe and healthy and wanting to continue to work. In my position I have had to furlough 10 people in the last 3 weeks. It is impossible for them to make what is available in unemployment with what they make now. I have cried after each of those phone calls. We do need more testing, antibody testing, and treatments, but I completely sympathize with people who need and want to get back to work. I hope that you and your family continue to be healthy and safe.

Thank you for your reply! It is always encouraging to hear of others who have had it and recovered and are doing well. I can understand about the work situation. It is really a tough thing going on right now and if seems like thereÂ’s never a win-win.
    Tonight I am having some stomach issues and diarrhea. I know that isnÂ’t really a symptom, but I read that can be the first sign. My dad is not sick, nobody is sick at all. My sister is having a horrible time with anxiety. She canÂ’t even sleep. She has been checked by a dr who told her he believes her anxiety is causing symptoms. I am really nervous too, I know I have heard of anxiety messing with the stomach but I am really worried I have it. I think the number of people positive at his work is now 5 or 6. I’m Afraid to even tell my parents I’m having this issue. I know the entire house will freak out. People at his work are getting tested, he said he is too scared to get tested.
    Last edited by UserName20; 06-05-20 at 04:51.

I know one of the guys is completely without symptoms who tested positive. I know it mainly affects the lungs and gives a fever, but I read diarrhea can be the first symptom for some.. I’m not sure what to do but I am afraid and am jumping to the worst conclusion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information