Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: People have tested positive at my Dad’s work

Re: People have tested positive at my Dad’s work

I agree. I really wish his work would have taken more precautions. Tomorrow will be two weeks, I guess the individuals who tested positive were gone by that Wednesday so it has actually been a bit over two weeks. Others at his work who kept going while awaiting their tests came back thank negative which is great news. Everyone there seems to be feeling great and healthy and it has been over two weeks so I am hoping that the rest are healthy and that the sick ones recover quickly. I believe most are doing okay. Since my dad has been home my sister has been feeling anxious. He has spent a lot of tjme with her, she wouldn’t even sleep for longer than 30 minutes 4 nights in a row so he waited up with her. She ended up in the hospital thinking she couldn’t breathe. They ran all kinda of tests, even tested her for covid. And she was negative and I believe if my dad had really brought it home she would have had it.

Today I got an email from my college. They are already pulling the plug on my Fall classes. I was really upset, but of course if this is still around this bad in August I would want everyone to stay safe. I guess I just really thought that things would be back to normal by then, I was hoping that by Fall we could start returning to normal. I was really upset to learn about my classes being canceled. Then I could feel myself getting anxious. Now I feel like my chest feels weird or tight when I breathe in. This has happened a lot ever since this entire lockdown started, but of course my mind has me convinced that I have it now. No fever, chills, cough, anything. I can’t escape my own mind now. Blood pressure and oxygen levels are fine, oxygen is 99. I can walk and everything fine so I am not really short of breath in fact walking around the house makes me feel better.

I have joined online therapy for the time being, I am very new to it with my therapist but has been reminding me that my anxiety and negative thoughts have absolutely taken over me and I need to be able to take the control back. I feel like staying in the house and not getting out has left me very depressed. I’ve even had dreams of everyone just standing in line and pointing out every insecurity I have about myself. Even my dreams are emotionally draining.
    Last edited by UserName20; 14-05-20 at 22:28.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information