Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: People have tested positive at my Dad’s work

Re: People have tested positive at my Dad’s work

He hasn’t been there since Friday so it has been 6 days now. We are all feeling okay for the most part. I think that upset stomach I had a couple nights ago was just something I ate. I know it can take two weeks but I’ve read that it is usually about 6 days for symptoms to show up. So I am hanging onto that as a sign of hope. I know there have been others who have tested positive there since that first day. There are about 40 people there and I believe there are 6 or 7 positives so far. A few asymptomatics. I’m close to Chicago so we are a bit of a hot spot. For the reopen plan our county is listed with chicago ( cook county ) so there is a lot of backlash. My county only has about 60 cases and we had our our first death today, a man in his 70’s. It’s just saddening to watch our cases for Illinois continue to climb, but I know they upped the testing so of course that will be the outcome. I thought we were at our peak around Easter but now they are predicting the middle of May.
    Last edited by UserName20; 07-05-20 at 22:56.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    The reality is that the vast majority of people it kills would have also died from the flu or even falling over. Not all, but most.
    This is not necessarily true although influenza does kill many vulnerable people each year. In saying this most elderly/vulnerable people have the flu vaccine every year so don't have to face this issue. There is no such vaccine against Covid19 plus it's high contagion rate means that the elderly and those with underlying health issues are sitting ducks, hence the overwhelming numbers of hospital cases and those who die as a result of their illness/es. The lack of hospitals/facilities to cope with the deluge of failing vulnerable people is what's overwhelming the nations.

Of course if governments had taken the morally correct action by locking down nations borders early and going into lockdown early, they would have prevented many of these tragic deaths

We are seven days in since he has been at work. Im feeling a little more relaxed but I know there’s still another week before we can really relax. Any little tickle in my throat scares me. The only thing I can really say it I’ve had an on and off headache since yesterday which worries me. We have all been taking our temperatures everyday and so far nobody has any one. 😔 I have handled this a lot better than I originally thought.
    Last edited by UserName20; 09-05-20 at 02:04.

Quote Originally Posted by UserName16 View Post
    We are seven days in since he has been at work. Im feeling a little more relaxed but I know there’s still another week before we can really relax. Any little tickle in my throat scares me. The only thing I can really say it I’ve had an on and off headache since yesterday which worries me. We have all been taking our temperatures everyday and so far nobody has any one.  I have handled this a lot better than I originally thought.
    So far so good, then at the end of the cycle of 14 days, continue to stay home then only one family member should go to the supermarket or pharmacy. Your dad should not be going back to work otherwise you're all back to square one, isolating again.

My sister was complaining of chest pain and shortness of breath. Over the phone they told her to go to the ER. They tested her for COVID, and it is negative. I believe she has herself worked up but I think it is a relief to her.

My temperature is reading anywhere from 98.4 to 98.8. I’m afraid since it’s a point over that I could be getting a fever. I feel okay I just check it to check.

Temperatures fluctuate throughout the day, especially with anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Temperatures fluctuate throughout the day, especially with anxiety.
    Same can also apply to chest-related issues.

I am so frustrated with my Dad’s work. They only shut the place down for one week instead of two. There’s at least 6 out of 40 people that are positive. I believe one is in the hospital. He was there sick one day and the place sent him home, a couple days he was positive. There’s one guy who is waiting on his test results and he’s STILL there working while waiting! One of the main bosses was directly working with the people who tested positive but he refused to get a test and said that he feels fine. The company said they have new clients ordering from them and don’t want to close down and disappoint The new clients. They are not checking temperatures or anything either. I told my dad to call the health department but he’s afraid to lose his job.
    Last edited by UserName20; 13-05-20 at 15:31.

Quote Originally Posted by UserName16 View Post
    I am so frustrated with my Dad’s work. They only shut the place down for one week instead of two. There’s at least 6 out of 40 people that are positive. I believe one is in the hospital. He was there sick one day and the place sent him home, a couple days he was positive. There’s one guy who is waiting on his test results and he’s STILL there working while waiting! One of the main bosses was directly working with the people who tested positive but he refused to get a test and said that he feels fine. The company said they have new clients ordering from them and don’t want to close down and disappoint The new clients. They are not checking temperatures or anything either. I told my dad to call the health department but he’s afraid to lose his job.
    Sounds like the company your dad works for are acting extremely irresponsibly, if not unlawfully, by prioritising profits and own self-interests over the health, safety and welfare of its employees.

Scandalous (and unscrupulous, by the sound of it).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information