Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Covid and the economy

Covid and the economy

Hey does anyone know what happened to the thread titled Covid 19 and the Economy? Or did I just dream it all?

Re: Covid and the economy

The conversation had turned to censorship and suppression and terms like... Authoritative Truth.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ns_143049.html

Ah there we go. A pretty good piece on the subject.

Well what's censorship got to do with the economy?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    Well what's censorship got to do with the economy?
    Nothing. It relates to a thread that has mysteriously disappeared after it ended up about David Icke and his nonsense...The 2nd thread to go to the great NMP boneyard.

Not that it matters... I'm afraid it's already caused the Second Great Depression.
    Last edited by FrankT; 06-05-20 at 22:13.

The BBC News channel have been harping on about an inevitable severe economic downturn again today, when they said pretty much the same thing the other day.

I don't in any way wish to trivialise the issue and sit with my head buried in the sand, but why do we constantly have to have this drummed into us every other day by the media, which IMO can do more harm than good, especially to many people's already-shafted mental health ATM. And despite the way it is worded, it's not just the UK economy alone that is supposedly at risk.

As many of you probably remember, we had it all during the first half of 2008, and it was heavily politicised at the time as well. A real sense of deja-vu. And possibly some kind of self-fulfilling prophecy at times.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Nothing. It relates to a thread that has mysteriously disappeared after it ended up about David Icke and his nonsense...The 2nd thread to go to the great NMP boneyard.
    Yes Terry good catch. Unless Kelley116 deleted it. May never know.

Anyway here's the piece w/video that YouTube censored of two prominent Californian Dr's.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020/...ng-of-country/

I feel it's time to fire the economy back up. Plus I need a haircut really badly.

I'm with you Lenco. Pessimism only begets more pessimism and is extremely destructive.

Wisconsin Supreme Court justice invoked World War II-era internment camps while calling the state's extended stay-at-home order the “definition of tyranny.”

Justice Rebecca Bradley questioned the order during video oral arguments Tuesday concerning a lawsuit brought by Republican state lawmakers against Democratic Gov. Tony Evers and State Health Secretary Andrea Palm. The state’s administration has ordered its stay-at-home order, which began on March 24, be extended until May 26, according to the Washington Post.
    Last edited by Noivous; 07-05-20 at 16:35.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information