Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Covid and the economy

Re: Covid and the economy

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    You literally said the words “giving the NHS a licence to murder”, and it was centred around an article that mentioned certain NHS staff members getting legal protection during this crisis. It’s came to nothing as far as I know.

Also, stop saying “anyone can see...” because that’s just your assumption. I see people praising the NHS, specifically front line healthcare workers, because they are putting themselves in harms way in order to treat people. That’s all. We all know their limitations, we all know they’re not above reproach but right now it’s a time to give these workers a pat on the back.

It has nothing to do with emotional attachment, it’s about showing other human beings that their efforts aren’t going unnoticed. If you don’t want to partake, fine, but you’re simply throwing mud for no reason other than your own warped version of reality. Your silly “theories” are becoming more bizarre by the day, and your repeated attempts at playing the victim wore thin a long time ago.
    Not forgetting the video showing the NHS haka. Posted to cast them negatively along with that article.

It's not character assassination. It's challenging someone's points. Remember you are on an anxiety site with lots of people worried about this pandemic. Some have lost people to it. Don't you think calling it a hoax upsets them?

If you don't want people challenging your beliefs then don't post them. But you do post controversial stuff at times. How about when Admin had to edit out your false newspaper headline stating certain Hollywood actors support paedophilia? How about the graphic image of a dead child they had to remove? How about your stats about the allied bombings that Germany don't agree with and that can be traced back to a prominent anti semitist who takes it from Nazi propaganda?

People are bound to challenge stuff like this. And at the moment you need to consider your words carefully outside of echo chambers.

On Misc I think we should be able to discuss more difficult subjects. But that doesn't mean we will all agree and at times things get heated and move on. But if you hold controversial views you need to accept that. Pulling this card may just be trying to get another thread closed but it will only start again when you post more emotive points so Admin need to decide how they want it to go. On the big thread they were deleting links & posts like some of yours to stop people worrying.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 08-05-20 at 16:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Yes Terry good catch. Unless Kelley116 deleted it. May never know.
    I didn’t delete it. I asked for input on how to deal with my husband, who was attributing the virus and the accompanying economic issues to signs of the End Times, and worsening my anxiety by buying a tent he thought we’d end up living in. I got the input I needed, thanked those who helped and moved on. I had no idea it devolved to a discussion on David Icke and quite frankly if that’s the case I’m glad it was deleted. That couldn’t have helped anyone.

I know these are very worrying and confusing times for us all the world over, but we all need to try and keep as calm and try and think as rationally as we possibly can in order to get through it all successfully. Simply fantasising about mass uprisings/anarchy, sneering and playing 'blame games' only cause even more angst and division, where the real solution to all of this (both the CV pandemic and the inevitable economic/financial implications) is togetherness.

And I'm referring to society as a whole, not necessarily individuals who post on this forum.

I know these are very worrying and confusing times for us all the world over, but we all need to try and keep as calm and try and think as rationally as we possibly can in order to get through it all successfully. Simply fantasising about mass uprisings/anarchy, sneering and playing 'blame games' only cause even more angst and division, where the real solution to all of this (both the CV pandemic and the inevitable economic/financial implications) is togetherness.<br><br>And I'm referring to society as a whole, not necessarily individuals who post on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I know these are very worrying and confusing times for us all the world over, but we all need to try and keep as calm and try and think as rationally as we possibly can in order to get through it all successfully. Simply fantasising about mass uprisings/anarchy, sneering and playing 'blame games' only cause even more angst and division, where the real solution to all of this (both the CV pandemic and the inevitable economic/financial implications) is togetherness.<br><br>And I'm referring to society as a whole, not necessarily individuals who post on this forum.
    Sorry, accidental double post.

It's too late for that.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    It's too late for that.
    It's never too late for togetherness and looking out for each other though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information