Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foot injury

Foot injury

I dropped a pedestal base on my foot at work and it’s badly bruised but walking is difficult how long would it take it heal and is there much I can use for it? I felt a bit funny going for a walk tonight due to the pain?

Re: Foot injury

Ouch!!! That looks like it hurts for sure! Doesn’t look to be overly swollen though so that’s good. Maybe try treating like any other injury - Ice, elevate, and rest it as much as you can.

Yes how long might it take to clear up? I tried to walk today but gives me a headache at the moment if I go to far. I could try some ice

Ice, elevation and painkillers. Time to heal is impossible to guess as it will be different from person to person. It will probably feel longer than it actually is cos you will be feeling it when you walk.

If it hurts to bend the toes, then order a walking shoe boot on Amazon. It will keep your toes straight while it heals. Also, rest, ice, and elevation. Take ibuprofen or acetaminophen for pain and swelling. That's an order, Phil.

What is the situation with ibuprofen? Is it safe while coronavirus is about? Not heard anything since they claimed it could have a negative impact

My doc says ibuprofen is absolutely fine, even if you were to have CV. Phil doesn't have CV though. But if you don't believe me, here's a good article:

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...n-and-covid-19

Thanks I don’t have any ibuprofen in the house but took paracetamol. I’ve had headaches and felt queazy at spells of the day unsure if it’s related to my sore stomach I do hope it’s not coronavirus but I don’t have a cough or fever. The pain isn’t sore when I sit but I did take a walk today and it was quite uncomfortable and the pain seems more prominent. Could this be why I feel funny the pain in the toe? Can the pain make you feel quite bad in general?

That looks sore!
    General advice would be to ice it regularly- put a bag of frozen veg on it every now and then to help reduce any swelling. And rest it.
    It will hurt when you’re walking from the shoes rubbing against it, or even just because it’s a really bad bruise.
    You can take paracetamol if it’s really painful.

A sore toe wouldn’t make you feel ill, but maybe the shock of it would. When I fell & cut my knee last year I was in shock for a good few hours after, which meant I felt sick, cold and dizzy mostly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information