Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another IBS flare up

Re: Another IBS flare up

I’m almost done with a course of Xifaxan that didn’t help much. I have bentyl (antispasmodic) but it makes me a bit woozy so I don’t take it much. I‘m going back to the doctor soon to talk about more treatment options.

The urge to go has been waking me up at 5-6 am every morning again. Being tired all the time isn’t helping anything. Seems like I have urgency in the morning no matter what I eat. Maybe it’s anxiety waking me up?

My ibs started years ago from a bout of food poisoning. It lasted for about 6-9 months. Eventually it calmed down (with good routines and managing it)

I’m having pretty bad health anxiety about this again. I saw the doctor for a follow up and she cleared me and said I have IBS. But she didn’t think I need a colonoscopy. I’ve fixated on that and think there must be something they missed that can only be seen on colonoscopy. I’m still having daily pains in my left side and it was bad this morning. I sat there thinking it must be a tumor.

I’ve also developed disordered eating habits because I was so scared of upsetting my stomach and not sure how to get back to normal.

I have been experiencing burning pain after I go, tenesmus (feel like I have to go but nothing is there), and rectal pressure now along with the pain in the lower left side of my abdomen. I read that these are all symptoms of proctitis. Should I ask the doctor about this? I wish I could go for an in person appointment right now as I feel like I can't be fully examined over a video call.

I was able to stop thinking about my anxiety for a few days while staying with a friend but now I’m back home and panicking again. The last few days I’ve seen blood when wiping, so now I’m worried about that.

Hey can anyone help me with what to say to my GI doctor tomorrow? First appointment after 6 weeks. I’ve been taking an antidepressant that helps my symptoms a little but my bms are still all over the chart, I get uncomfortably full and bloated after eating, and just generally have indigestion every day. It’s so hard to know what is anxiety and what I should take seriously. I’ve tried so much already anything else I can do?

Just say what you wrote down - that covers it all really.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information