Thread: MS concerns...

MS concerns...

I’m a 27 year old female- I’ve been having some weird symptoms the last couple weeks. My neck has been very stiff and sore, I’ve had shooting pains down my left arm and my left arm has felt very weak.Ive also had tingling sensations in my legs and my head.The headaches feel like a burning sensation.My fingers have been going numb at night. So naturally, I googled and here I am. I went to emerg a week ago and the doctor said it’s a “pinched nerve” in my left shoulder. He did take a chest X-ray as I did have shortness of breath and said I was fine and did check my strength/reflexes.... The health anxiety in me doesn’t believe him, of course. My boyfriend thinks I’m nuts and is convinced I’ve been sleeping on my shoulder weird.I’m debating if I should go back to the doctor or wait it out a few days. I really want to get an MRI done to relieve my anxiety but they’re really hard to get here......:( I’m posting mostly to vent but I hate this.

Re: MS concerns...

Quote Originally Posted by btrace View Post
    I’m a 27 year old female- I’ve been having some weird symptoms the last couple weeks. My neck has been very stiff and sore, I’ve had shooting pains down my left arm and my left arm has felt very weak.Ive also had tingling sensations in my legs and my head.The headaches feel like a burning sensation.My fingers have been going numb at night. So naturally, I googled and here I am. I went to emerg a week ago and the doctor said it’s a “pinched nerve” in my left shoulder. He did take a chest X-ray as I did have shortness of breath and said I was fine and did check my strength/reflexes.... The health anxiety in me doesn’t believe him, of course. My boyfriend thinks I’m nuts and is convinced I’ve been sleeping on my shoulder weird.I’m debating if I should go back to the doctor or wait it out a few days. I really want to get an MRI done to relieve my anxiety but they’re really hard to get here......:( I’m posting mostly to vent but I hate this.
    Good morning btrace. As I was reading your symptoms I automatically thought "sounds like a pinched nerve to me." Then read where your doctor thinks the same. I have gone down the MS and other scary rabbit holes and know how convincing and scary they can be. The good thing is that you are able to say "the health anxiety in me doesn't believe him though." Atleast you are recognizing that.

Did the ER doc give you any treatment for this? A pinched nerve can be very painful. I feel like with treatment you may feel alot better physically AND mentally due to the improvement of the symptoms. That's just my personal opinion. I hope you feel better soon!

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by whome View Post
    Good morning btrace. As I was reading your symptoms I automatically thought "sounds like a pinched nerve to me." Then read where your doctor thinks the same. I have gone down the MS and other scary rabbit holes and know how convincing and scary they can be. The good thing is that you are able to say "the health anxiety in me doesn't believe him though." Atleast you are recognizing that.

Did the ER doc give you any treatment for this? A pinched nerve can be very painful. I feel like with treatment you may feel alot better physically AND mentally due to the improvement of the symptoms. That's just my personal opinion. I hope you feel better soon!

That makes me feel a lot better that you think so too. How did you come to terms getting out of this rabbit hole? Did you request to get an MRI done? Fortunately and unfortunately I’ve been on and off this site since 2014, I know I have some pretty bad health anxiety. I’ve had it controlled for a couple years now until this happened. :(

He only gave me naproxen. Nothing else. To be honest, I may go for a second opinion if I’m not feeling better in a week. Even if it’s just to get some sort of treatment. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by btrace View Post
    That makes me feel a lot better that you think so too. How did you come to terms getting out of this rabbit hole? Did you request to get an MRI done? Fortunately and unfortunately I’ve been on and off this site since 2014, I know I have some pretty bad health anxiety. I’ve had it controlled for a couple years now until this happened. :(

He only gave me naproxen. Nothing else. To be honest, I may go for a second opinion if I’m not feeling better in a week. Even if it’s just to get some sort of treatment. Thank you!
    I did have an MRI done after I saw a neurologist. They did various tests. I'm not encouraging u to seek reassurance though testing...I can only say that personally it's the only thing that helps me. I'm trying to work on that. Keep us updated on you feel

Thread Information