Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Buildings/rooms with odd vibes

Re: Buildings/rooms with odd vibes

Our toilet leads off the kitchen. But there are some funny builds out there if you look for them. I think I saw a load on Bored Panda and a toilet in the corner of a kitchen rings a bell.

At the cottage you walked through the bedroom with ensuite and through another door to the master. You couldn't access the master without walking past someone's bed.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Our toilet leads off the kitchen. But there are some funny builds out there if you look for them. I think I saw a load on Bored Panda and a toilet in the corner of a kitchen rings a bell.

At the cottage you walked through the bedroom with ensuite and through another door to the master. You couldn't access the master without walking past someone's bed.
    Even more beyond the pale would be a toilet in the corner of a living room or a bedroom (actually in the bedroom itself, not en-suite).

Or even someone (conversely) putting a bed in a bathroom (if large enough)!

Having said that, cells in police stations have beds and toilets in more or less the same space.

I'm sure I saw a picture on FB of a toilet in a half landing. Peeing in a main thoroughfare isn't for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    I'm sure I saw a picture on FB of a toilet in a half landing. Peeing in a main thoroughfare isn't for me.
    Unless said photo was faked/doctored, that seems totally out of the ordinary for me, and whoever designed said setup (if it was real, of course) must really have had a screw loose!

Toilets in domestic situations for me will always ultimately be in their own private rooms, or at least in bathrooms, where they truly belong, not in fully exposed open thoroughfares passed (and seen) by all and sundry!

Back to the original topic, I read yesterday from various sources online about a phenomenon called 'geopathic stress', where there can be subterranean elements (e.g, underground streams, pipework, cables, former mines, etc) that cause subtle movements and/or electromagnetic pulses (usually passing unnoticed) that can cause some people to feel unwell, uncomfortable and/or irritable.

It's also thought to be a potential factor behind certain mental health issues.

Plus there's theories about 'negative energy' caused by past events (usually bad) that can linger in certain spaces and even within certain objects for several years after the original events.

But in conclusion, I've never really believed in the paranormal/supernatural, at least not beyond childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by dorabella View Post
    The only buildings that give me the creeps are old vacant asylums and hospitals. Quite a lot of them taken over by developers in the 80s and 90s when the former inhabitants were turfed out into the 'care of the community' ... most were turned into luxury flat blocks. How anyone could want to live in those places and pay top dollar for them is beyond me. I suppose it must the association of ideas with me.
    Like I said recently in another thread, there's been talk on and off about our former police station building being converted into a residential apartment block. I seriously couldn't live in that horrible 60s concrete building even if I was offered several grand up-front to do so.

I would keep imagining all kinds of scenarios in that place, especially certain scenes from the old ITV drama 'The Bill'.

I don't think I would be too enthused about living in our current library building which I think was also built around the same era (and probably by the same construction firm) if it was also to get converted into a residential apartment block in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Back to the original topic, I read yesterday from various sources online about a phenomenon called 'geopathic stress', where there can be subterranean elements (e.g, underground streams, pipework, cables, former mines, etc) that cause subtle movements and/or electromagnetic pulses (usually passing unnoticed) that can cause some people to feel unwell, uncomfortable and/or irritable.

It's also thought to be a potential factor behind certain mental health issues.

Plus there's theories about 'negative energy' caused by past events (usually bad) that can linger in certain spaces and even within certain objects for several years after the original events.

But in conclusion, I've never really believed in the paranormal/supernatural, at least not beyond childhood.
    Funnily enough our previous house and the estate it's on was built in a former coal mining area and on a hill (our house was just at the bottom of that hill), and much of said estate (including our house) was plagued with structural faults that started to rear their ugly head about 5-6 years after the estate was first built in the late 70s.

While the foremost structural faults were allegedly caused by an insufficient amount of joists in between the upstairs floors and downstairs ceilings and shoddy construction work in general, it was also heavily speculated at the time that some of the structural faults were also attributed to poor ground conditions (obviously due to the site's history), and our local council and the company who built the estate must have failed to carry out extensive ground tests prior to commencement of the estate's construction.

A few years later, by which time we had already been living at our current address and the estate's remedial works were long complete, there were reports in our local paper about certain residents complaining about strange odours in the area and feeling unnecessarily nauseous, which could very well have been attributed to geopathic stress within the location.

Could also partly explain why we as a family seemed to be suffering trauma after trauma after trauma during our tenure at said address, plus the house one of my uncles lived in a bit further up the estate, things didn't feel quite right on certain occasions whenever I visited. In fact, I sometimes felt rather uneasy when I was inside his house, and imagined all kinds of unnerving scenarios at the time.

Also the nursery I attended at the age of 3 that was at the highest point of the development had bad vibes about it, and I absolutely hated being there, often having bad tantrums and meltdowns myself while I was there. Even the staff there seemed to be in a bad mood a lot of the time, and I vividly recall one girl there being smacked hard on the bum by the manager the one day and she screamed and cried terrible, though thankfully I was never on the receiving end of such vicious treatment by any of the staff there, even though I was probably the absolute bane of their lives at the time due to my (then misunderstood and yet-to-be officially diagnosed) ASD.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information