Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Buildings/rooms with odd vibes

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,195

    Buildings/rooms with odd vibes

    Does anyone ever feel a bit uneasy whenever they enter a building or specific rooms within a given building (or house)? I don't really buy into the paranormal, etc, but sometimes I have been known to feel a little uncomfortable entering certain rooms for no apparent reason and even seemingly innocuous fixtures and fittings within the given room (especially toilets) have been known to give me the heebies (e.g. arrays of exposed water pipes) and even certain odours, etc. Also places that would normally be a hive of activity during the day but completely desolate of an evening (e.g, certain workplaces, schools, parts of hospitals, etc) tend to make me feel a bit creeped out.

    Even the look of certain buildings/houses and their respective architecture have weird effects on me.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    24,465

    Re: Buildings/rooms with odd vibes

    I suspect many non anxious people feel like that for all sorts of reasons. Maybe it reminds us of scenes in films? On that subject this one springs to mind...



    __________________
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For free Mindfulness resources, please see this thread I have created to compile many sources together http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=168689

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,886

    Re: Buildings/rooms with odd vibes

    I’m a huge skeptic, but I have been in two places where I’ve had unexplained things happen. I dunno if they were ghosts...I’m not sure why all unexplained things always seem to be attributed to ghosts or aliens... but one was in a friend’s house when growing up, and the other was a bathroom in an office building I once worked in. The house was the only place that’s truly given me the creeps. The bathroom was more just weird sounds.
    __________________
    I'm still a work in progress.
    Currently working on: World Domination

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,195

    Re: Buildings/rooms with odd vibes

    Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Does anyone ever feel a bit uneasy whenever they enter a building or specific rooms within a given building (or house)? I don't really buy into the paranormal, etc, but sometimes I have been known to feel a little uncomfortable entering certain rooms for no apparent reason and even seemingly innocuous fixtures and fittings within the given room (especially toilets) have been known to give me the heebies (e.g. arrays of exposed water pipes) and even certain odours, etc. Also places that would normally be a hive of activity during the day but completely desolate of an evening (e.g, certain workplaces, schools, parts of hospitals, etc) tend to make me feel a bit creeped out.

    Even the look of certain buildings/houses and their respective architecture have weird effects on me.
    I mentioned schools specifically (before anyone starts thinking I am an oddball) because about 15 years ago me and my dad installed some of those (then) newly-fangled AV (audio-visual) systems in the classrooms at a few local primaries during the 6-week summer holidays. They weren't necessarily 'old' buildings either, as all were built since the 60s at the earliest, but the fact that they were deserted when and where they would be otherwise buzzing with kids (and teachers) during term-time, just felt really weird.

    I was imagining all kinds of scenarios walking around those places, like scenes in some horror movie, especially set in some wartime era.

    It will most certainly be all the more pertinent right now during this lockdown.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,909

    Re: Buildings/rooms with odd vibes

    I've had this a few times for sure. I don't believe in ghosts on the supernatural, but I do believe that 'stuff' may occur that we don't yet fully understand.

    It's not even about being in big, deserted buildings either. I once rented a flat with my then partner and a friend in London. It was freshly renovated, clean and pleasant. I was having a bath once, I was alone in the flat. I had an extreme and sudden urge to leave that room. It felt extremely dark and dangerous in there. This was many years before I experienced anxiety and I know the difference in hindsight.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,195

    Re: Buildings/rooms with odd vibes

    Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    I've had this a few times for sure. I don't believe in ghosts on the supernatural, but I do believe that 'stuff' may occur that we don't yet fully understand.

    It's not even about being in big, deserted buildings either. I once rented a flat with my then partner and a friend in London. It was freshly renovated, clean and pleasant. I was having a bath once, I was alone in the flat. I had an extreme and sudden urge to leave that room. It felt extremely dark and dangerous in there. This was many years before I experienced anxiety and I know the difference in hindsight.
    Was it a windowless bathroom?

    Sometimes they can give me the creeps, especially the thought of a power cut occurring whilst mid-way through having a bath or shower and suddenly being stuck in a pitch black hole with the risk of slipping and becoming seriously injured whilst attempting to escape!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,886

    Re: Buildings/rooms with odd vibes

    I’m very claustrophobic, so lots of windowless places do that to me! :S
    __________________
    I'm still a work in progress.
    Currently working on: World Domination

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,909

    Re: Buildings/rooms with odd vibes

    Yes it was windowless, but so was the main bathroom I owned in a flat I owned for 12 years and I never once had an issue there even WITH the worst anxiety period in my life.

    It's a weird thing.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,133

    Re: Buildings/rooms with odd vibes

    Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Was it a windowless bathroom?

    Sometimes they can give me the creeps, especially the thought of a power cut occurring whilst mid-way through having a bath or shower and suddenly being stuck in a pitch black hole with the risk of slipping and becoming seriously injured whilst attempting to escape!!
    Much of my working life was spent working in windowless and dimly-lit rooms. One place I worked in was rumoured to be haunted in one particular area and naturally I dismissed this as hogwash but... one night I was in there alone and the only illumination was some very dim safety lights; it was then I swore I saw a figure out of the corner of my eye. There was no-one there when I turned, of course - but it certainly made me jump.

    The building has since been partly demolished and housing now stands on the site.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    24,465

    Re: Buildings/rooms with odd vibes

    Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Much of my working life was spent working in windowless and dimly-lit rooms. One place I worked in was rumoured to be haunted in one particular area and naturally I dismissed this as hogwash but... one night I was in there alone and the only illumination was some very dim safety lights; it was then I swore I saw a figure out of the corner of my eye. There was no-one there when I turned, of course - but it certainly made me jump.

    The building has since been partly demolished and housing now stands on the site.
    That sounds like a plotline for film akin to houses built on some old graveyard

    I used to work alone some Saturdays after my shift being duty manager for the floor of a large office ended. It was just me, a security guard far off in reception and hundreds of desks with computers left on. Then the lights would switch off on a timer and I would have to walk all the way to the other side to get to the switches. I would only switch those on over the bank of desks I sat at.

    It was creepy and with all the odd noises of computers...
    __________________
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For free Mindfulness resources, please see this thread I have created to compile many sources together http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=168689

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. phobia of buildings / ceilings not being safe
    By aimee24 in forum Phobias
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 19-11-12, 22:36
  2. 9 weeks off Citalopram... Odd Side effect? - or am i just odd ...
    By Dontwanttobeamedsmum in forum Citalopram / Celexa
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-12, 00:32
  3. Positive Vibes Please
    By alexis in forum Virtual Hugs
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 29-10-07, 00:06
  4. Good vibes please!
    By Granny Primark in forum Virtual Hugs
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-10-07, 16:06
  5. positivr vibes please
    By bobsy in forum Success Stories
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 05-04-06, 21:22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •