Thread: Worried I Have COVID-19

Worried I Have COVID-19

Hi all,

I've been living with health anxiety and general anxiety for around 6 years now, yesterday I began to cough and felt really warm but I wasn't warm to touch, since then I've continued coughing (I'm not coughing constantly, it comes and goes), also have a stuffy nose, feel very sick, haven't ate anything since yesterday and my muscles are a bit sore, I called the NHS and they said just to self isolate and that they didn't think it was anything to be too concerned about, however with my health anxiety I'm convinced that this is just the calm before the storm and that I'm gonna get severely ill, I've been trying to assure myself that if it was COVID-19 I would feel so much worse than what I do and if the NHS nurses aren't too concerned then why should I be? I dunno, just looking for some reassurance I guess...

Also found out yesterday that my girlfriend is pregnant so now I'm very paranoid if I have COVID-19 incase I pass it on to her.

Thank you all for your time.

Re: Worried I Have COVID-19

Try not to panic? It sounds like a cold to me. The chances of it being serious are very, very low, even if it is COVID.

Also isolate from your girlfriend if possible for 14 days and hopefully she won't get what you've got. You should both be in isolation unless you (not your girlfriend) are an essential worker. Pregnant women are in a slightly higher health risk group, so she should be isolating and working from home. My daughter is pregnant and her work told her to go home before we went into lockdown and now she's staying home until it's safe again. Her partner is back at work so he has to be extra careful.
    BTW, congratulations on your pregnancy, hope all goes well, take care

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Emmz

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Thread Information