Thread: Going to the doctors.....

Going to the doctors.....

I get myself in such a state everytime I go and see my GP....I'm sure it is because I associate going with bad times in my life.

Am seeing her this morning at 8.40 and have been up since 6.......tried all the usual methods to stop panicking but just can't seem to get them to work. I know I have to see her as I need some meds. and she won't put them on repeat as she wants to keep an eye on my anxiety and depression.

Anybody else feel like this? Any ideas on how to cope better rather than getting like this every four weeks.......and it takes me ages to calm down.

Thanks in anticipation.

Nicola x

Re: Going to the doctors.....

Hi,

Just thought I'd let you know you are not alone. I find medical appointments very stressful and I usually can't sleep the night before. I find the waiting room the worst bit because I often panic and I feel trapped. However, once I am in with the Doctor it usually goes ok. One thing I do is I write down all the things I want to ask so I feel prepared. When I'm anxious I sometimes forget some of the questions I wanted to ask!

Hope your appointment went well.

Love and hugs from shoegal xxx

I hate going to the Dr's or anywhere else that I consider medical, like the dentist or optician for example.

I've got a Dr's appointment this evening and I'm already twitchy about it. I always take a newspaper and my iPod so that if I have to sit and wait a long time I can at least distract myself.

Well I survived.......although she was running half an hour late (I was only the second appointment) - soon as I saw her I burst into tears but she explained that she thinks it is better I go to see her then the anxiety is only associated with the surgery and not at home if she came to see me.

I actually felt better telling her how I felt and she was really understanding. Going again today to see my counsellor and feel fine!

Nicola x

Well done Nicola for getting through your appointment, typical of GP's running late like that

My GP was also running late, I think I had to wait about half an hour. He was so late that I was the only patient sitting in the waiting room and they had closed all the shutters and blinds

To top that the car park was so dark that when my partner reversed out of the parking bay we lost a wing mirror

I don't know why docs have appointment systems they never keep to them which doesn't help does it?

Anyway glad you survived too!

Just another month til the next one LOL

Nicola x

I used to be really bad going to the doctors, the only thing that helped me at first was getting my doc's very first appointment, that way i could get there just on time and hopefully not wait too long.

I went to see my newish doc yesterday and was suprised that the waiting room was practically empty! but i still sat in my usual corner away from everyone.

Thread Information