Thread: Blood Test

Blood Test

Hi All,

Has anyone gone for a blood test during all this? I have one coming up I need to go too and im really worried. I'm sure it'll be fine as they're prepared but would love to know someone elses experiences to put my mind at rest. Obviously going masked up and so on, thank you.

Re: Blood Test

Hi, i went for blood test 2 weeks ago were gloves and a mask, the nurse wore mask, gloves and face shield. Stood away from people in waiting room all seems to have gone alright was worried myself blood pressure was through the roof with stressing out over it. People seem more clued up know than at the beginning and have implemented precautions such as the nurse rang me in the morning of appointment to make sure I didnt have covid 19 symptoms....

Quote Originally Posted by uklad View Post
    Hi, i went for blood test 2 weeks ago were gloves and a mask, the nurse wore mask, gloves and face shield. Stood away from people in waiting room all seems to have gone alright was worried myself blood pressure was through the roof with stressing out over it. People seem more clued up know than at the beginning and have implemented precautions such as the nurse rang me in the morning of appointment to make sure I didnt have covid 19 symptoms....
    I think you're right that most people seem far more clued up about CV now than back in March, when it really started spreading like wildfire here in the UK. Obviously there's still more work to be done but there's already a lot more known about the virus now than back then, despite the ongoing negative views of certain hardcore factions, such as the steroid doubters, antivaxxers and the CT'ers in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishchips View Post
    Hi All,

Has anyone gone for a blood test during all this? I have one coming up I need to go too and im really worried. I'm sure it'll be fine as they're prepared but would love to know someone elses experiences to put my mind at rest. Obviously going masked up and so on, thank you.
    Not yet, but I have pre-op testing next week that includes a physical, blood work, and a chest x-ray. My doctor said for the blood work that I'll sign in and if there is a wait at all I'll be asked to go wait outside the building until they call on my phone to tell me it's time to come up. Then I'll get the blood tests and leave. As for the other testing, she said I'll do the same with my visit with her - She'll call me when it's time to come up so I'm the only one in the office, we'll both be wearing masks and she'll be wearing a face shield also. The rooms are disinfected between patients.

You can call and ask for more details about the procedures. I asked specifically for her to explain exactly what will happen.

Thread Information