Thread: Crapping myself that i have given myself cancer by using weed killer

Crapping myself that i have given myself cancer by using weed killer

I have used weedol rapid weed control which has 6 containers in each box. It contains glyphosate which i have just found out gives you cancer according to some people on a thread about the product

Someone posted a comment about Business Insider reporting this as well.

businessinsider.com/glyphosate-cancer-dangers-roundup-epa-2019-5

I don't dare read the article as i am in a bad state of panic now.

Will this have now increased my risk of cancer by using it. I mixed it with water in a watering can :(

Re: Crapping myself that i have given myself cancer by using weed killer

let me quote some of the article....

School groundskeeper Dewayne Johnson, now in his 40s, also used to spray Roundup up to 30 times every summer.
    they used Monsanto's Roundup spray to keep weeds off their driveway for more than two decades, applying the herbicide while wearing flip flops shorts and tank tops
    used Roundup for more than 25 years to keep weeds off his oak trees.
    44-year-old groundskeeper Jeffrey Sabraski, who alleges he sprayed Roundup several times per week, wearing nothing but shorts and t-shirts
    So you have used it once and mixed in water..... what does that tell you?

Do you think they would be allowed to sell weedkiller that you used every so often and it seriously increases your chances of getting cancer?

If you listen to the news and the media EVERYTHING gives you cancer.
    Last edited by venusbluejeans; 12-05-20 at 22:59.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by BigOldDrive View Post
    according to some people on a thread about the product
    Terrible source of information and the perfect trigger for HA.

Not a doctor or a psychologist, just a guy who's been to a lot of them.

Based on your post history, you appear to have some contamination issues. Are you now or have you sought real life professional help?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I grew up on a farm and so did my husband. My husband also works in the agriculture business and has done a ton of research. He has two degrees in weed science. I will tell you that the Roundup that is not farm strength, which is what they sell in hardware stores is mostly water anyway. Also, if you don’t use safety precautions then there is potential for some dangerous effects. That is with any product you use though. People need to stop listening to the media so much.

I agree with StephA. The important thing to keep in mind is that in the landmark case here, the groundskeeper was spraying with a professional quality product called RangerPro, which is a lot higher concentration that what we get from the hardware store, and he got covered in it, I think twice, due to faulty spraying equipment. Even then the conclusion that these events were related to his cancer were drawn in a liability case in the US, which is different than scientists making a conclusion independently.

I've tried to do the concentration calculations on the mixed solution for Weedol, and either my math is wrong, or the resulting solution is so dilute I'm surprised it works on your weeds.

Around here I have to use some glyphosate. There's no way you can battle the weeds on the driveway and around other concrete structures here without some kind of chemicals. I buy the premixed variety so I don't have to deal with the concentrate, wear gloves, shoes, long sleeves, and pants when applying, stay clear of the application stream, and wash well afterwards. My cousin was in lawn treatment for decades before moving to landscaping, and he's healthier than I am, despite a career working with this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    let me quote some of the article....

So you have used it once and mixed in water..... what does that tell you?

Do you think they would be allowed to sell weedkiller that you used every so often and it seriously increases your chances of getting cancer?

If you listen to the news and the media EVERYTHING gives you cancer.
    I have used it twice but stupidly just did it in flip flops and shorts if i remember correctly.

Is the issue with people who have been spraying it about rather than watering it on?

I don't know they sell cigarettes which cause cancer..

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Based on your post history, you appear to have some contamination issues. Are you now or have you sought real life professional help?

Positive thoughts
    No not getting any help but might have to soon i don't think panicking about everything all the time is doing me a lot of good

Not sure why but this is still playing on my mind that I only did it in flip flops and the droplets might have got on my feet. I then walked across the wet patches afterwards and then walked into my house where I am worried I contaminated the floor where I walk bare foot

Worried I got it on my feet and the chemicals absorbed through my skin which will cause cancer in years to come?

Don't know why rubbish like this plagues my thoughts 24/7

Cancer doesn't just pop up like a virus just because you've been exposed to a carcinogenic chemical one time. It takes a while and a lot of exposure to the chemical over years for it to cause cancer. One doesn't just give oneself cancer. You're absolutely fine, don't let your health anxiety run with it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thread Information