Thread: Are these palpitations normal?

Are these palpitations normal?

Hi,

Ive had issues related to tachycardia for a good ten years, but have been checked multiple times with ecg and 24 hour holter monitors and the conclusion is just that I have a slightly fast heart rate.

I get palpitations a lot, but today they felt a little worse than usual. The night before I noticed I had them when turning to sleep on my side, didn’t think much of them. Woke up feeling normal, ate and then had two coffees a few hours between (not pure coffees one of those sachet ones where its probably not loads of caffeine) and then went for a dog walk and the palpitations appeared, lasting somewhere around 45 minutes, making me feel like my chest was fluttering and tight, and like my pulse was all over my body. Probably the caffeine- but I felt kind of shaky.

Went to sit down afterwards and drink some water, this made me feel better and then i went to eat and they came back again, racing and making me feel dizzy and this time setting off my anxiety.

I feel better now but not perfect, my heart still feels slightly fast. Is it normal and not concerning for someone to get on and off palpitations sometimes? Usually when I get them they only last maybe max 20 minutes and don’t come with all the other symptoms of dizziness and tight chest etc.

Re: Are these palpitations normal?

they have come back with a vengeance at 3 am, now lasted for about an hour. I checked my heart rate and it said 111 bpm. Can panic make this last longer? Can’t stop myself from shaking. Can this be totally benign?

Palpitations still there

Hi,

For the past week Ive been having random palpitation episodes, sometimes lasting over an hour.

Ive cut coffee out so it can’t be that. Just randomly my heart starts beating very fast and I can feel it in my stomach. It can get up to 130.

Ive had all sorts of tests for my heart, ECGS, 24 hour holter monitors etc and nothing wrong has ever been noted.

I’m 26 and its just worrying me a bit.

Can you channel some sort of subconscious anxiety and not even be aware that you’re anxious?

Ive found these past two months incredibly stressful and have had the odd panic attack as well as disrupted sleep. But when I get these episodes, I don’t necessarily note feeling anxious.

Today I literally just walked up the stairs, sat down and my heart was at 130 bpm beating all over the place.

I have been exercising but thanks to this ive had to stop as I don’t know why its happening.

Re: Are these palpitations normal?

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz ps, I hope you get some answers to your problem

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Thread Information