Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: America's 2nd Civil War

Re: America's 2nd Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Having said that, Lichfield train station was actually the centre of terrorism back in the summer of 1990 where a soldier who was stationed at the nearby Whittington Barracks was beheaded by an IRA gunman whilst waiting for a train back home to Wales (I think), a now-mostly forgotten terror-related incident.

Although I vaguely recall hearing said incident being mentioned on the news back then I don't remember being overly fazed by it at the time, even though I don't live a million miles away from there.

I seem to recall people in general being far less hysterical back then and still mostly going about their daily businesses as per usual, unlike today where there would have been mass hysteria, panic and possibly even a lockdown being imposed on the whole West Mids region!

Back then of course we still didn't have the Internet and 24/7 rolling news channels like we do today, but it did seem to be a far more innocent and carefree time in general despite being far from free of potential daily risks and hazards.

Sorry for straying off-topic.
    This? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lichfield_gun_attack

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Why promote this? The capitals of every state were heavily fortified and protected. It turned out to be a pathetic whimper compared to what happened on the 6th.

24 more hours!

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 19-01-21 at 15:27.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Why promote this? The capitals of every state were heavily fortified and protected. It turned out to be a pathetic whimper compared to what happened on the 6th.

24 more hours!

FMP
    That just smacks of sheer desperation IMO. Trump and his baying mobs of die-hard supporters know full well his time's up in less than 24 hours' time, like it or not!

As for the Lichfield train station incident back in 1990 that I mentioned upthread, there was another similar (and now-mostly forgotten atrocity) in the W Mids back in 1973 where an IRA gunman went on the rampage in Solihull town centre, but was obviously overshadowed by the Birmingham Pub Bombings the following year (1974), which still remains a pertinent subject today, especially in the W Mids.

Surprisingly I've never heard of any bomb/terror scares in the Wolverhampton area, be they the IRA or more recently AQ/ISIS, but the IRA did target Coventry, the 'other' big city in the W Mids back in 1978 (I think).
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 19-01-21 at 15:36.

Presidential appeals time. I've always thought this ridiculous, like some emperor rather than a democracy.

In his head,Terry the Don thinks he is an Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    In his head,Terry the Don thinks he is an Emperor
    Well his game's up, regardless of whatever he says, thinks or does after today.

First let me ask...has anyone missed me? Anyone at all? FMP? LOLa? Somebody? Oh well.

In any regard. My guy, DJT, is out and by hook or by crook crazy uncle Joe is in. I now go from being on defense to immediately going on offense. It's the nature of politics. It's easier and more fun being on offense anyway. Not that I'm not disappointed, It's always more fun to win, I'm just not discouraged. Yes, I am forever a hopeless, albeit always hopeful, romantic.

I expect the worst but hope for the best from the Joe Lied-in administration. He's already shutting down an ongoing construction project which will cost 11,000 blue collar jobs - both union and non-union. Let the good times roll!

Ding-Dong! Oh! There's the bell! Gotta go...my new "Trump 2024" hat has arrived! Speak soon! It's good to be back! Hi Antsy!

N.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    My guy, DJT, is out and by hook or by crook crazy uncle Joe is in.
    DJT - WORST US President in HISTORY!

Didn't even have the decency to hand power over to Biden. Too busy being a massive diva because he lost!

The blimp of him looking his trademark 'Tango' shade of orange and naked (aside a nappy) is what the UK thinks of him.

Personally, I hope he's stripped of every 'perk' which comes from having been President, but the Tangoed one will no doubt buy his way out of the shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    That just smacks of sheer desperation IMO. Trump and his baying mobs of die-hard supporters know full well his time's up in less than 24 hours' time, like it or not!

As for the Lichfield train station incident back in 1990 that I mentioned upthread, there was another similar (and now-mostly forgotten atrocity) in the W Mids back in 1973 where an IRA gunman went on the rampage in Solihull town centre, but was obviously overshadowed by the Birmingham Pub Bombings the following year (1974), which still remains a pertinent subject today, especially in the W Mids.

Surprisingly I've never heard of any bomb/terror scares in the Wolverhampton area, be they the IRA or more recently AQ/ISIS, but the IRA did target Coventry, the 'other' big city in the W Mids back in 1978 (I think).
    My great uncle owns the pub on the corner in Birmingham, right opposite the bull ring. He's had ownership during the IRA attacks. My wifes mom was injured by an IRA bomb blast. Not severely injured, but she doesn't like talking about it. I wasn't alive during the Solihull attack, but I've read about it. My grandpa (RIP) was Irish and had many stories of drinking with the IRA. He lived through The Troubles.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

So Nora, who would you say is the best president? Who are your top 5?

What do you base your claim on that Trump was the worst out of the 46 we've had?

Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread Information